• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throwback Thursday

tomphot

I'm the third owner of my '72 Tii,  This past weekend, I was going through some of the old documents in the file folder I got with the car that stretches back to the '70s.  Some interesting stuff in there.

I'm including a scan of state of the art communication to solves problems, the amount of work you could get for $210 and some misc parts.

BMW1.jpg

BMW.jpg

BMW2.jpg

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

Cool...  I love going back in the mother-file sometimes and seeing old receipts for my 02 - my own purchased items, and especially those from car's POs.  It's pretty interesting to see the evolution and expenses, and so many of the prices are now comical...

Tom

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

From the legendary BMW CCA Oktoberfest in 2002...Delia Wolf's "Julius" and my "Ludwig" up the mountainside in Montezuma, CO.  See if you can figure out my license plate...

mike

Julius & Ludwig at Ofest 2002.jpg

Edited by mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

I just found this picture which looks north, and some time-travel imagination is required for this.  

That bridge:   at the very tip top of that bridge, if I squint my eye just right, I can convince myself that I can see my '74tii moving west across the bridge, and thus I know that the picture was taken in mid-November 1974, which was the very first time my '74tii and I, as a team, drove over that bridge, and ended up on that spit of land at the picture's lower left .......

18766092_1550889251652643_38038413927666

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner

I can't find a single photo of my '70 other than three photos after my...mishap (first photo below, ca. 1974). And I can't find a decent photo of it's successor, my '67 1600-2 (second photo below, ca. 1974).  I had already replaced the right fender antenna with a typical A-pillar antenna and swapped the original hub caps with separate trim rings for the later style full wheel covers.  Lastly, the earliest photo I can find of my '76 (third photo below, January or February 1977).  Firestone snow tires (B78x13) on the rear.  Short whip antenna for my CB radio: "Breaker, breaker 1-9, you got one Pocket Rocket here, eastbound at the 1-2-9 mile marker..."

Regards,

Steve

IMG_3139.JPG

1967 BMW 1600-2 1.jpeg

IMG_2425.JPG

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)