• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Looking for a pair of LHD hella head lights !

APka

I am happy to recommend Hella Supers, 7 inch round, use an H4 lamp and perfect for you.  They are a 1996 design, far better optics than anything from the 1970s.  I have a pair on order, should be here in a week, I can let you know the Hella part number if you like.

$80 each, and if you like they come with a 'city light' (4 watt) for city centers with main beam restrictions.  Common in Europe.  I sell lots of them in the US to 2002faq members.  They are designed as US SEALED BEAM replacements, so the headlight buckets may be different.

They are sold in Germany, you might be able to find them over there to fit a UK bucket for cheap?

Edited by MoBrighta

Andy the tail light guy says "Be Seen, and Not Hurt!"  [mailto:mobrighta@comcast.net]

Lighting Upgrades for E3, E9, E10, E12, E21, E23, E24, E28, E30, E32, E36, E39 - front & back
Tail Light upgrades keep them off your tail, out of your trunk;
Headlight film keeps your 'eyes' from being scratched out or broken.

4 hours ago, MoBrighta said:

I am happy to recommend Hella Supers, 7 inch round, use an H4 lamp and perfect for you.  They are a 1996 design, far better optics than anything from the 1970s.  I have a pair on order, should be here in a week, I can let you know the Hella part number if you like.

$80 each, and if you like they come with a 'city light' (4 watt) for city centers with main beam restrictions.  Common in Europe.  I sell lots of them in the US to 2002faq members.  They are designed as US SEALED BEAM replacements, so the headlight buckets may be different.

They are sold in Germany, you might be able to find them over there to fit a UK bucket for cheap?

Do you have a link, or photos ?

On 2017-6-10 at 4:18 AM, stephers said:

Pelican parts has them for 2002's as a headlight upgrade  Hella H4 comes with lens and bulb     $55.00 each

Thanks, Rick

I'm guessing that since it is a US supplier, that the parts are de-facto for LHD/left side of the road driving?

I'm currently searching for european specs.. :/

Thanks for the website advice though!

Edited by APka

The US style sealed beam lamps will not fit into the Euro buckets. You would need a pair of US style buckets to suit the Pelican lamps.

You should be able to find a couple of LHD headlight assemblies in Germany, but, make sure the reflectors are in good shape.

For some reason RHD Euro headlight assys are available new (albeit expensive), but not, it seems, LHD assys.

This supplier (Cahsel) has them     http://www.bmw02.de/Illumination.58.0.html?&L=2

Edited by 02Les

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

Driving lights are not cheap. BMW offers a complete H$ for $264 and Hella reflectors:

http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/114-Sedan/Europe/1502-M10/L-M/1975/browse/lighting/headlight/

Wallesh has some parts:

https://www.wallothnesch.com/en/lighting/bmw-1502-2002-turbo/catalog-picture-63-03.html

If you're still in need, let me know and I'll take some pics of mine I can offer (Hella or Bosch). Shipping from L'Allemagne to France is about 16€ by DHL.

Yours,

Henning