• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1972 BMW 2002Tii Wins at Greenwich Concours

3 minutes ago, John_in_VA said:

Bruce's company, Applewood Motorcar Transport, is located in Gerrardstown, WV 25420.

Ahhh, thats way over there in the part of WV that sticks down near DC.  

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 8:10 PM, adawil2002 said:

Bruce Hall of West Virginia won an award

I don't know how to get a hold of Bruce, but I would be willing to send him this, if he'd send me a PM.:)

002.thumb.JPG.8ac26c365263b09e495adb1e6d50f851.JPG001.thumb.JPG.b530511ddb7833fd39b978af16c86c9e.JPG

There is probably a story that goes with the 'replacement' that has been used, which may mean more to the owner than having both of them be the same.  I think this cover would match the existing one nicely though.  (I just found it, after having misplaced it).

Tom

IMG_3729.JPG

17 minutes ago, '76mintgrun'02 said:

I don't know how to get a hold of Bruce, but I would be willing to send him this, if he'd send me a PM.:)001.thumb.JPG.b530511ddb7833fd39b978af16c86c9e.JPG

You won't see him on the forum, but could reach out to him through his company, Applewood Motorcar Transport, in Gerrardstown, WV.

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif

LOOKS GREAT !!!      and another original owner ...... fantastic.

2 questions on "originality" for his '72tii  ..... I'm merely curious .....

(1)   The holddown twistie handle which secures the battery to the battery tray.  I see that it is on the "rear" side of the battery and almost touches the air cleaner.  Is that normal for a '72 ??

...... my '74tii has that handle on the "passenger" side of the battery, next to the snorkel.

(2)  The routing of the Positive battery cable.  Mine goes directly aft to the starter, across the top of the battery.  I'm curious if his cable "down" routing is personal choice, or original design.  I can't recall ever seeing that.

And just an observation:  does he have a 2-tone distributor cap, or is that just a black shadow I'm seeing ??

Cheers,

Carl

32 minutes ago, OriginalOwner said:

LOOKS GREAT !!!      and another original owner ...... fantastic.

2 questions on "originality" for his '72tii  ..... I'm merely curious .....

(1)   The holddown twistie handle which secures the battery to the battery tray.  I see that it is on the "rear" side of the battery and almost touches the air cleaner.  Is that normal for a '72 ??

...... my '74tii has that handle on the "passenger" side of the battery, next to the snorkel.

(2)  The routing of the Positive battery cable.  Mine goes directly aft to the starter, across the top of the battery.  I'm curious if his cable "down" routing is personal choice, or original design.  I can't recall ever seeing that.

And just an observation:  does he have a 2-tone distributor cap, or is that just a black shadow I'm seeing ??

Cheers,

Carl

Carl

My '74 Tii also has the battery hold down on the passenger side of the battery.  My positive battery cable also runs down beside the battery to the starter.  Don't know if that was done when putting the engine back in after engine compartment was painted.

Best

Glen

I know Bruce and his car.  One of the only a few truly original tii's I have seen.  He helped me out last year at a local car show and put my tii into his 18 wheeler and took it home for me.  Great guy and great car.  Well deserved award!  I just wish he could see it on here.  I will email him a link because I know he isn't on the forum.

1974 2002tii Restored (Original Owner) #2782393
2013 Porsche C4S Cab (Original Owner)
BMW CCA #23777

55 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I know Bruce and his car.  One of the only a few truly original tii's I have seen.  He helped me out last year at a local car show and put my tii into his 18 wheeler and took it home for me.  Great guy and great car.  Well deserved award!  I just wish he could see it on here.  I will email him a link because I know he isn't on the forum.

+1.  Bruce and his car were at one of the NCC Chapterfest events in MD.  I have posted pics here of his car.  Very impressive.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"