• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'74 tii auction

rockpilot

Price: $4500

Description:

Hey everyone, I've found a 1974 tii here in Idaho at an auction.  I'd love to buy it but it's already beyond my modest budget.  Currently, next bid is $4,500

I sent an email to BMW Group Archive to inquire about it and received the following response:

"Thank you for your email.

The BMW 2002 tii US VIN 2781687 was manufactured on April 22nd, 1974 and delivered on April 29th, 1974 to the BMW importer Hoffman Motors Corp. in New York City. The original colour was Granatrot metallic, paint code 025.

We hope this information is helpful for you.

Yours sincerely,

Julia Oberndörfer"

I live 3hrs away from Pocatello, otherwise I'd offer to look at it for any of you that may be interested, although I may drive over the day of to bid on other items in the auction.  Hopefully it ends up in competent hands.

Here's the link to the car:

http://hibid.com/lot/32001579/1974-bmw-2002/?q=bmw&ref=catalog

I see there is a post a few days ago that looks like the same car.

Good luck everyone, hopefully it finds a more responsible home than it appears it had previously.