• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted- Passenger side Windshield Wiper Arm-Europe

2002Scoob

Soooo. 

I'm not sure why there isn't a more secure method for securing windshield washer arms. But I wish there was.

While cruising in a rainstorm in Bavaria, my wipers were happily going "tack tack tack tack tack" till the passenger-side went "tack tack tack Whomp" and some poor fellow behind me dodged my wiper arm tumbling into the autobahn. 

Now I need a replacement. Anyone in Europe have one they'd ship me? Or someone in the states that would let a nice one go for a good price including shipping? 

Cheers, fellas!

Sure you can get a replacement but that may not be your solution. You see, they were designed not to come off even at 140 MPH wind or cross wind. You have to check your wiper transmission splines where the wiper arms secure to. Over the 40+ years people may have taken them off put them back on for whatever reason may have damaged the splines causing the arm to fly off. Best is you check that round part on both driver and passenger side and maybe find a good use replacement set. They are interchangeable from all year 1968-1976 1600, 1802, 1602, 1502 and 2002

All the best.

I don't have the wiper transmission but I do have a good set of wiper arms if you cant find one Europe because shipping from USA may not be worth it.

resra@att.net

In my own experience, it's not the splines that fail, but the spring steel "tab" on each wiper arm base. It's this tab that "hooks" on to the splined shaft and keeps them from flying / working off the splines. 

And to help your search - you might want to specify: Black? Silver? Stainless/polished? There were three variations throughout the years. :)

Should be a $20 used part, but make sure the spring steel "tab" is present and in good condition, as well as the spline area.

Paul Wegweiser

Wegweiser Classic BMW Services

Nationwide vehicle transport available

NEW WEBSITE! www.zenwrench.com