• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Custom 1972 BMW 2002tii AC Schnitzer S14

joysterm

Wow is right!  I can't help but think that having "tii" in the title somehow contributed -- in a vague way -- to the price, but I really can't understand why:  this car is far, far, far from its tii origins and will never return thereto!  Beautifully done!

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Interesting that the holy grail or M Cars (other than the M1) the E30 M3 looks to be taking a back seat to 02s with S14 engines...and actually to some extent 02's in general.  M3 prices have hit a plateau and 02 prices keep climbing. The Clarion car went for 125k for charity, but still. Thats a lot for a non numbers matching, carb'd and modded 02.  Now we have the Tii with M3 drivetrain and Turbo flares.  $125k.  Very Interesting.

1976 BMW 2002 Fjord Blue Ireland Stage II • Bilstein Sports • Ireland Headers • Weber 38 • 292 Cam • 9.5:1 Pistons • 123Tune Bluetooth 15" BBS

2018 BMW M550i X-Drive

1964 Volvo Amazon Wagon
http://www.project2002.com

This vehicle certainly intrigues me like no other. I am glad to see it fetch such a high number, and I wonder if that opens the door for future "singer-like" 02 builds.

Anyone have thoughts on this idea?

Lawrence "Mac" Moore

Aspiring 2002 owner

College student @ Stephen F. Austin State University & Intern @ Motorcar Studio

Instagram: @Lawmacmoore