• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

in London looking to visit a nice 2002 shop or two

stone02

Hey,

been in London for four days. need a break

from tourism. want to take a day off and see

some RHD 2002's. I am near the Portland tube stop

and an Oyster pass to anywhere. might even drag

my daughter with me. a few choices would be

nice.

cheers, as the locals say,

stone, from phila pa, USA

stone racing co

phila pa 19123

Check out Ace Cafe in Stonebridge (https://london.acecafe.com/) (a suburb of London?) and look for Monthly Meets.  Not a shop but looks interesting; car things most nights.  I will check it out when I go to London in October.  Directions:  By British Rail (from Euston) or London Underground (Bakerloo Line): From Stonebridge Park Station, turn right and walk down to the North Circular Road, then right again along the old North Circular Road. The Ace is 100 yards on your right. By Bus: Buses 112, 224 and 440 all stop in front of the Ace, or take Bus 18, N18 or 611 to Stonebridge Park Station.

You might find something on The BMW Car Club -- Great Britain (http://www.bmwcarclubgb.uk/).

Will expect a full report.

Larry

monthly_cars-1.thumb.jpg.a2af8f5fca468174f06ded7c303f71d1.jpgunnamed.png.10e6f2518c32c1e913a4acb3ef5e421f.png

I trekked to Jaymic in 2003.  The train ride was interesting, especially when I transferred to a small passenger line in Norwich.  It sounded like it was powered by a diesel truck engine and I could have sworn the engineer had to slip a clutch to get the thing moving.  Once in Cromer I walked to Jaymic, at least part of the way with a local who had helped his dad evacuate British soldiers from Dunkirk with their family fishing boat.  He later joined the army as an engineer.  While there I saw an orange 3.0csi from Hawaii that was undergoing some mechanical restoration (not kidding, had license plates). It was a memorable experience and seeing the countryside by train was a treat.

If you do go there please grab the small piece of carpet they gave me to fix a small hole in mine.  I think I left it among the parts upstairs somewhere... (joking) 

Greg

hi mate, 

theres not really much going on around london for car shows, its a shame that youve only posted today as there was a good meet at goodwood at the weekend! lots of cars and a few '02s.

how much longer are you going to be in the UK for?? i can try and see if there are any meets near london that you could attend but i doubt you'll see many 02's

feel free to drop me a PM 

11 hours ago, stone02 said:

Hey,

been in London for four days. need a break

from tourism. want to take a day off and see

some RHD 2002's. I am near the Portland tube stop

and an Oyster pass to anywhere. might even drag

my daughter with me. a few choices would be

nice.

cheers, as the locals say,

stone, from phila pa, USA