• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1976 BMW 2002 RESTORED FOR SALE

calvinh

Price: $24000

Description:

1976 BMW 2002

$24,900

This timeless vehicle, restored with remarkable detail, minor blemishes, 1976 BMW 2002 is on the market for a new owner.  Located in the greater Atlanta, Georgia area. It has relatively low mileage around 42K,  Additionally, majority of all engine parts have been replaced over the last 10 years.  The 4-cylinder manual engine starts up and rides nicely, shifts through all of the gears seamlessly and gets up to highway speeds without issue.  The owner did a fantastic job caring for this 40+ year old car.

Below are multiple photos and a video of the engine running.

For more details or to schedule a viewing please reply for more contact details.

BMW.png

IMG_0695.JPG

IMG_0694.MOV

IMG_1068.JPG

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

Edited by calvinh

Also the overspray is a pretty remarkable detail. 

As well as the nonfunctional a/c.

Too bad an M10 needs most everything replaced by 42k miles. 

:)

I do see it comes with 2 sets of non-stock wheels. That's a plus!

Edited by ray_

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/13/2017 at 9:39 PM, 2double02 said:

Lightened, trim delete, passenger door as well.

I'm getting ready to list a near Concours '76 - should I expect the critics to jump all over me? I understand that the poster of this listing had issues with reality vs description. It's just that a few of you seem to enjoy trashing the seller rather than pointing out his discrepancies in a kind way. Is this the lion's den? Again, I understand that this guy didn't point out the obvious - meanwhile, I will provide as detailed and honest account a person can. If, in listing many, many details I omit one, are you going to take the same pleasure in rudely bashing my attempt? BTW - yes, I am disappointed in the shark-like approach you took. Meanwhile - any serious 02 lovers, keep your eyes peeled. I will be listing a truly fine '76 02 shortly. I do wish that the "audience" can appreciate a sincere effort to accurately and fully describe the ground-up restoration without looking for and drooling over (in my case) what could be the smallest of unintended over-site or other mistake. We need more honest and kind people in this world. 

Well.

If you say "fully restored," and "remarkable detail," then yes, the photos should back that up. Otherwise a less euphemistic description could be in order. 

and it can be a tough crowd...

If your ad read like this one (below), I think folks will be kind ;-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-BMW-2002-tii-/132215463412?nma=true&si=YoOTP8FcL4gbZA4of8FiUvXP%2B%2F8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Ray

27 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Well.

If you say "fully restored," and "remarkable detail," then yes, the photos should back that up. Otherwise a less euphemistic description could be in order. 

and it can be a tough crowd...

If your ad read like this one (below), I think folks will be kind ;-)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-BMW-2002-tii-/132215463412?nma=true&si=YoOTP8FcL4gbZA4of8FiUvXP%2B%2F8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Understood. And, thanks for the link, though I’ve not had a chance to study it. This will be my first and only classified listing of an 02. I have many fine parts for sale to follow, but any suggestions for posting? The image file size is? (always frustrating and time consuming to reduce image size) I could list the images somewhere else. Anything else you can think of? My 02 won best square light at the hugely attended ’02 Limerock, CT 2002 East Fest, where the best 02’s from Canada to Florida were present. It won the same title the two times I brought it to the regional event held each year in Carlisle, PA. So, yeah - nearly concours is a fair description of restoration, but with a number of true improvements - a true 2002 sport steering wheel being just one. Anyway - best to you and the group - Joel

dawnbeauty.jpg

3 hours ago, jt7602 said:

I'm getting ready to list a near Concours '76 - should I expect the critics to jump all over me? I understand that the poster of this listing had issues with reality vs description. It's just that a few of you seem to enjoy trashing the seller rather than pointing out his discrepancies in a kind way. Is this the lion's den? Again, I understand that this guy didn't point out the obvious - meanwhile, I will provide as detailed and honest account a person can. If, in listing many, many details I omit one, are you going to take the same pleasure in rudely bashing my attempt? BTW - yes, I am disappointed in the shark-like approach you took. Meanwhile - any serious 02 lovers, keep your eyes peeled. I will be listing a truly fine '76 02 shortly. I do wish that the "audience" can appreciate a sincere effort to accurately and fully describe the ground-up restoration without looking for and drooling over (in my case) what could be the smallest of unintended over-site or other mistake. We need more honest and kind people in this world. 

At the risk of coming off as sarcastic, I would suggest that as long as your description  is reflective of your car and its condition AND  the pics ,as many as you feel necessary to tell your story,  you should expect very few negative comments.

IMO when cars show up for sale here with shortcomings  that are obvious in nature with respect to assertions of "a full restoration or near concours condition", you are gonna get called out on it. To what degree, well who knows. Unfortunately this is the age we live in today.  

Pictures I feel are so very important to your message. They can speak volumes  to reflect all that is positive and even louder in the negative when the text does not line up with the subject matter. As long as you are mindful of that  with your message, you should be fine, but I have been wrong before.

I look forward to seeing your car.

Edited by joysterm

Pretty, pretty car!

When you go to make a post, you will see that the max size for attached files is 64mb. That is likely enough for your ad :)

As Joysterm said (or implied), pictures speak louder than words!

Does your car have a/c? That seems to be a criteria for me, anymore (tho I'm not in the market).

Cheers,

Edited by ray_

Ray

My trouble with some sites is that each photo can’t exceed something in the neighborhood of 2mb, while trying to show the high level of detail you literally sweated and bled to produce. Meanwhile, I’ll soon enough find out. I’ve not posted a ‘for sale” listing on this site to date, and hope to find the sailing smooth in regards to file size, reception, etc.

The 02’s “underpants” photos I’ve shared in this thread should speak volumes to the quality and completeness of the restoration. If you want, take a close look and tell me what you see. 

Cheers - Joel

Sportwheel:cockpit:comsole.jpg

• 4 weeks later...