• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

friends ..... and their mechanical skills

• 3 months later...
53 minutes ago, OriginalOwner said:

when your friend the mechanic says,  "I got your suspension upgrade all done, it handles much better ........"

image.png.3170b05417dd999087366d23b07a3cf5.png

Fault!

• Haha 2

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

7 hours ago, OriginalOwner said:

when your friend the mechanic says,  "I got your suspension upgrade all done, it handles much better ........"

Somewhere there is a very sad dog that can no longer play fetch......

Loose: Not tightly bound. Subject to motion.
Lose: What happens when you are spell check dependent.

1975 Malaga. It is rusty and  springs an occasional leak.  Just like me. 

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, OriginalOwner said:

when your friend the mechanic says,  "I like your slotted rotors, they are great for keeping the brakes cool."

13494833_10154350070727112_3254432850138

It never ceases to amaze me how oblivious people are to what is going on with their vehicles. HOW can they not hear that?

10 hours ago, Jjmoonen said:

It never ceases to amaze me how oblivious people are to what is going on with their vehicles. HOW can they not hear that?

Computer said they had plenty of miles left...

• Haha 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 2:06 AM, OriginalOwner said:

I actually tried this once!  My autoX car, a '99E36/5 was handling poorly with HUGE understeer,  I had H & R race springs with Koni Yellows but the springs were way too soft.  A guy I work with used to do suspension work and setup on a local circle track car said that when they needed to stiffen up a spring in a hurry, they would stuff tennis balls inside the spring.  Well I tried it and sent my son out on his first run of the day without telling him what I had done.  I asked if it felt any better after the run and he said "No, Why?"  I showed him the springs and he just laughed at me and said: "Really..." and walked away.  It didn't help that one of the tennis balls actually fell out during his run.  I took them all out after that!

Over the winter I replaced the springs with a Ground Control Coil Over conversion.  450# up front, 600# rear.  Car handles much better now!  Amazing what you will try in order to go a little faster!

1970 Granada 1600 "The 16",  2000 528i Siena Red "The 5",  1968 Mustang 289 Muscle Car Blue, 

1999 318ti M Package Green,  1982 633CSi 5 speed Blue,  2011 550i M Package Black (6 speed manual)

1 hour ago, jscaptura1 said:

I actually tried this once!  My autoX car, a '99E36/5 was handling poorly with HUGE understeer,  I had H & R race springs with Koni Yellows but the springs were way too soft.  A guy I work with used to do suspension work and setup on a local circle track car said that when they needed to stiffen up a spring in a hurry, they would stuff tennis balls inside the spring.  Well I tried it and sent my son out on his first run of the day without telling him what I had done.  I asked if it felt any better after the run and he said "No, Why?"  I showed him the springs and he just laughed at me and said: "Really..." and walked away.  It didn't help that one of the tennis balls actually fell out during his run.  I took them all out after that!

Not much different than spring rubbers.  Boogity, boogity boogity!

Edited by John_in_VA

John in VA

'74 tii "Juanita"  '85 535i "Goldie"  '86 535i "M-POSSTR"  

'03 530i "Titan"  '06 330ci "ZHPY"

bmw_spin.gif