• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

friends ..... and their mechanical skills

1 hour ago, Dudeland said:

Am I seeing that right?  It looks like there are two bearings shells. 

First pic is #1 crank journal with the thrust bearing thats supposed to go on #3 hammered into place. Second pic is #3 journal ( the thrust one)with yes, you guessed it.

Third pic is the crack at #1 bearing boss in the block, probably a result of the 1/4in of crankshaft end float  this ridiculous screw up caused.

Chimps, dopes, morons, clowns, stoners, choose one or any combination

• Sad 2

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

8 minutes ago, tech71 said:

First pic is #1 crank journal with the thrust bearing thats supposed to go on #3 hammered into place. Second pic is #3 journal ( the thrust one)with yes, you guessed it.

Third pic is the crack at #1 bearing boss in the block, probably a result of the 1/4in of crankshaft end float  this ridiculous screw up caused.

Chimps, dopes, morons, clowns, stoners, choose one or any combination

Bad news all the way around. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

4 hours ago, tech71 said:

PBUS, or perhaps FUBR

Those photos made me cringe hard.... How do you eff-up that bad? 

Guessin' they didn't even bother to check bearing clearances either given how scored up that crank is. 

Time to give somebody a piss-test...

7 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

Guessin' they didn't even bother to check bearing clearances either given how scored up that crank is. 

Despite my urge to toss both into the sellers yard (no pool), They are sitting in my trailer waiting for the next dump run.

7 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

Time to give somebody a piss-test...

Better to just avoid that guy like the plague from now on.

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

• 1 month later...

When your most-trusted mechanic calls up and says,  "That upgrade battery-in-the-trunk install you wanted ??  Got It Done !!  And I added in those new fuses you said you wanted."

And then when you get the 2002 back home, you inspect the work, and you're suddenly a little nervous because one of the fuses has obviously been installed backwards, which means that particular circuit won't work, but you don't know how to troubleshoot to find that circuit.

image.thumb.png.36e9acc66fcb25d82afc4c6982c8f712.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1