• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

I need to be able to "drive" my parts car ('73 '02) from the garage to the backyard. I pulled the pedal box, clutch master cylinder, and exhaust from my '69 for the '73. I cleaned up and lubed the pedal box before mounting it. I unstuck and honed the MC and Clutch slave from the '73. Honed and reassembled the clutch master from the '69. Split, unstuck, and honed both front calipers from the '73. Replaced all of the front soft lines and bled the newly revamped clutch and braking systems. I didn't use new seals on anything as it only needs to travel a few hundred feet for now. I tested the '73 in the garage. I have a nice firm brake pedal and a decent clutch pedal. A weekend well spent in my opinion. Looking forward to moving the '69 to the garage in the next few days and diving into building a solid/straight tub for my '68.

IMG_2378.JPG

IMG_2379.JPG

Took my '73 to a local BMW club meet in North Vancouver, BC, for the first time, Sunday, and got a nice surprise. Not many in the Heritage division, but she was the oldest car there, so it was good to get the recognition of many years of owners caring for this car. Wondering now if this helps the re-sale value... just kidding :) ... she drives too nice now after the 5 spd conversion.

George

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 4.17.54 PM.png

• Like 3

The old webbing on the bottom of the recaros was sagging quite a bit, and some hog rings were missing, so one of the straps wouldn't stay attached. Felt like I was sitting on the floor.

installed new webbing and hog rings and can't believe the difference. Should have done this right away.

IMG_2262.JPG

IMG_2263.JPG

18 hours ago, Stevenc22 said:

Transformation started

P_20170821_174230_vHDR_Auto_resized.jpg

I've got a square tail and was thinking to go with the short bumpers too.  More pics when done please :) .  What brackets are you using to mount the bumper (it looks like it uses the stock mounting points)?  Are you doing the front as well?

^ No kidding. The front took 2 days and every power tool i own including a welder and grinder to get the front close to fitting. Can't tell if its the 02 bumpers or Antons brackets that are at fault. I suspect 50/50

Edited by Stevenc22
  • Like 1

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.