• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

I got a couple of items done this weekend.  I got the carpet installed on my kick panels.  Took a little bit of cutting of the panels to get them where I wanted them.  I used 3M 90 glue and it worked well.  Will have to see how it does over time.

I installed the new seat belts that I got from Al, aka bluedevils.  Boy what an improvement over the set off of eBay.  Yes they are much more expensive but WOW they are nice.  If you are considering getting a set from Al, just do it !!

I also got my third brake light back up AGAIN.  Seems like whatever I used didn't hold up to the heat.  I found some Velcro at Walmart that was rated to hold 10 lbs.  Very sticky stuff but time will tell if it holds up to the heat.

KickpanelFinishedSmall.jpg

NewSeatbeltsSmall.jpg

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

1 minute ago, ray_ said:

I don't see Gus under that passenger side belt.

:D

Who do you think took the picture ? :)

• Haha 1

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

19 minutes ago, Sharktrainer said:

Cried because my grill got pulverized at a super busy intersection for about 24 hours.

IMG_4828.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

IMG_4805.jpg

Vandalism? That sucks. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

6 hours ago, Sharktrainer said:

No vandalism. 8mm screw not tightened and fell off. $600 mistake because it's a '71 grill.

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Block and head back from machining/assembly. This is my first engine removal/teardown/reinstall so I let my machinist reassemble. New 9.5:1 Mahle's, polished crank, balanced, ect. Head completely rebuilt with all new bits and reground the cam to stock for tii. Reassembly commencing now that the block is painted. I need to get busy in the engine compartment and the front subframe rebuild. Huge thanks to the FAQ for giving me the confidence to do this. I'm nervous as can be to put it all back together correctly.

IMG_7098.thumb.JPG.30018ec9c5307cd94a15f5bd4cf28501.JPG

IMG_6869.JPG

• Like 6

1972 Tii

1997 Land Rover Defender LE #127

Finished jazzing up my "craigslist special" wheels for the 02.
After a while I will hunt down some nice bbs wheels but until this car is complete I'm in thrift mode... Got these basically new wheels with newish tires for only $160, plus $18 for a set of center caps plus another $10 for some plasti dip and another $2 for some matching ebay valve caps and for under $200 I have some decent looking shoes!6919e9b9bc4fb75a2df5a70d7bddc68e.jpge626648a4377125e1bed427be90f98be.jpg9ee1dc37b791e59c26947a2883f6cc90.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Sharktrainer said:

No vandalism. 8mm screw not tightened and fell off. $600 mistake because it's a '71 grill.

Ouch!!!

Love the "Financial Mistake" license plate frame... it feels that way sometimes. Ha, ha, ha.

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip

2 hours ago, Adamha said:

Block and head back from machining/assembly. This is my first engine removal/teardown/reinstall so I let my machinist reassemble. New 9.5:1 Mahle's, polished crank, balanced, ect. Head completely rebuilt with all new bits and reground the cam to stock for tii. Reassembly commencing now that the block is painted. I need to get busy in the engine compartment and the front subframe rebuild. Huge thanks to the FAQ for giving me the confidence to do this. I'm nervous as can be to put it all back together correctly.

Good for you! It takes a lot of guts and courage to go on the "rebuild journey". You are going to be so, so proud of your accomplishment when it is all said and done! What you are doing gives the rest of us newbies encouragement. Thanks for that and good luck.

Philip

• Like 1

Life is short, enjoy the ride!
L'Ultimo Ciclista, 200Km race, Nove Colli 2012

1976 Mint Grun

Philip