• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

3 minutes ago, Harvanj said:

Glen, let me know when there is another nice event in Charlotte, I’ll make the road trip in my 72

Harvanj,

The next Caffeine and Classics at Streetside is September 29th.  I'll be there.  Another good event is Auto Fair at the Charlotte Motor Speedway September 6 - 9.  The local BMWCCA folks will be there the 8th & 9th.  We get free tickets and are staged as a group.  

Glen

Replaced exhaust manifold studs.

Rebuilt shifter.

Installed new shift rod joint.

Installed DSSR.

Now the only play in the shifter is in the transmission.

Replaced giubo.

Driveshaft with new CSB is hanging in the car but not actually attached at either end.

I fussed around with the alignment of the tranny mount and CSB for a long time. There's no friggin way the front of the driveshaft was aligned correctly with the output flange before. Now the widest gap at any of the four points where the giubo and driveshaft flange meet is less than the thickness of a business card. I hope that's good enough.

I'm tired.

Tomorrow I'll fasten the driveshaft, tighten up the diff, install the exhaust manifold and downpipe and hopefully go for a satisfying drive. 

Picked up a 1991 318is today to swap over the m42 and 5 speed! Car is pretty clean and came with 2 motors. Pretty excited about the swap. Anyone that’s done the swap and wants to share some info would be greatly appreciated 

D66B2435-E87B-4D1A-8A3C-A5444FD3135C.jpeg

258C4829-AA1C-4BEC-B7F6-184C44812731.jpeg

EF36A092-9007-4354-8FF6-18849FB94A01.jpeg

16 hours ago, Jimmy said:

What's wrong with it?

Elwood:" It's got Cop shocks, cop brakes, no catalytic converter so it runs on regular gas.

So is it the new blues mobile?"

Jake: "Fix the cigarette lighter."

At least he wasn't like Mr Richard Fader from Fort Lee, New Jersey.

• Like 2

Steve J

72 tii / 83 320is / 88 M3 / 08 MCS R55 / 12 MC R56

& too many bikes

Thanks for the context.

I got the car back together, took it for a satisfying drive, and very much enjoyed my lack of disconcerting vibration at speeds 45mph and faster. MTL in the gearbox feels good, too.

Next order of business; I have what I consider to be a pretty bad flat spot in the tuning. I suppose I should give the 32/36 the c.diesel treatment...

Installed a new green windshield on Nikki. Old one had a nice sandblasted look to it.

Install went well but windshield seems a few millimeters over to one side. Tried pulling on it with a suction cup but it didnt shift. Decided to leave it for now. Probably fine and i vaguely recall my old windshield being similarly slightly to one side.

P_20180826_181206.jpg

• Like 2

1976 BMW 2002 Chamonix. My first love.

1972 BMW 2002tii Polaris. My new side piece.