• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

47 minutes ago, joysterm said:

Stopped by for a final peek and approval..........me likes   A LOT

IMG_1926.thumb.JPG.7cc29979584e0d96ccf498d9108768ee.JPG

oh wow. who's doing the work for you if you don't mind me asking. This is beautiful. 

72' 2002 Granada (Painted Malaga??) 3rd owner 

6 minutes ago, SoKvlt said:

oh wow. who's doing the work for you if you don't mind me asking. This is beautiful. 

Local guy who does a lot of work on bikes, some restoration and custom work for a few local rod shops. He just did a job for a local car that went to SEMA

@crafinon is his IG info if you want to take a peek. 

7 minutes ago, joysterm said:

Local guy who does a lot of work on bikes, some restoration and custom work for a few local rod shops. He just did a job for a local car that went to SEMA

@crafinon is his IG info if you want to take a peek. 

that's awesome, I'll have to hit him up when my car gets out here to Vancouver in the summer time! The work looks great. 

72' 2002 Granada (Painted Malaga??) 3rd owner 

2 minutes ago, Jbaumshelter said:

I have to do that in the next couple weeks. Any recommendations on what glue to use etc?

I hope it doesn't trap moisture. :)

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

7 minutes ago, Jbaumshelter said:

I have to do that in the next couple weeks. Any recommendations on what glue to use etc?

I didn't use any glue. I figured I'll need to remove it when getting to the pedal box and other nearby items. I stuffed the edges into the cracks with a plastic putty knife and looped that fluid hose over it into the groove outside of of the insulation. 

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

12 minutes ago, Jbaumshelter said:

Any recommendations on what glue to use etc?

I used 3M marine glue.  But I had the luxury of applying it while the box was out of the car.  It could be a bear to install in the car, against the frame rail side.  I would say to apply the glue to the inside of the cover, not on the box.  That way, when you slide it on, most of the glue stays on the cover.

PeddleBoxCover.jpg.30836bcd3ac8778625e0ad2e9865813c.jpg

15 minutes ago, ray_ said:

I hope it doesn't trap moisture. :)

Still looking good after 6 years, but my car doesn't see much wet underneath, or spilt fluids. ;)

• Like 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

2 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Still looking good after 6 years, but my car doesn't see much wet underneath, or spilt fluids. 

Thats perfect. I swapping from an automatic to a 5 speed so I have the new box off the car right now. Sounds like now is the best time to do it. Thank you!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

I used 3M marine glue.  But I had the luxury of applying it while the box was out of the car.  It could be a bear to install in the car, against the frame rail side.  I would say to apply the glue to the inside of the cover, not on the box.  That way, when you slide it on, most of the glue stays on the cover.

PeddleBoxCover.jpg.30836bcd3ac8778625e0ad2e9865813c.jpg

Still looking good after 6 years, but my car doesn't see much wet underneath, or spilt fluids. ;)

thank looks great. thanks for the pic

1974 BMW 2002 (Polaris > Sienabraun)

13 hours ago, joebarthlow said:

I installed that funky foam insulation over my pedal box. It wasn't cheap. I hope I don't lose it!

Did this a few weeks ago. Had a bear of a time getting it in place until....wait for it...blue DAWN LIQUID! One of the best tools in my garage.

Of course the problem is getting a 1/4" foam pad in a space next to the frame rail 1/8" wide. I lubed up the pad, put a little on the rail...bingo bango bongo as they used to say in the Bronx, slipped right into place. I had taped up those pedal box holes with aluminum tape beforehand.

Once on, I peeled it back where I could and sprayed some 3M 90 in there. I sincerely hope I never have to take it off!

• Like 1

1974 2002 Tii-SOLD

1978 911SC Coupe

1988 Landcruiser

2020 M2 CS

20 hours ago, BarneyT said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fPicked up my TII block from Terry after machine work...cleaned / wire brushed and painted...imageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fimageproxy.php?img=&key=c723ef59fd17d18fTerry starts rebuild next week.

6D644DD5-5795-4503-8FC2-36B7F6D50097.jpeg

33A194B6-871A-40D8-B262-3407D5F9D1B0.jpeg

The rapid and steady progress of your rebuilds, Barney, is the envy of this forum — or at least me! Keep it going!

Looks like a block cast July 18, 1972 (“18H” in an oval frame with “72” cast above that frame).

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 4

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)