• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

6 hours ago, Mike G said:

Seam welded the control arms. Ground the turn signal detent flat so my right turn signal will stay on all by itself, that was more satisfying than I expected. 

What if you want to turn left?

?

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Chamonix ‘73

Cut off the outer a pillar, removed the bottom of the quarter panel and the remains of the outer rocker panel. I began repairing the inner rocker and attaching the floor pans to the repaired rocker.A0A3E36F-3071-4F97-92CD-02A517740408.thumb.jpeg.200ae8bcf7698991d77859ada7a97a80.jpeg

95D7946D-9A86-4FD4-B000-3CD665ED1AF5.thumb.jpeg.8176beb41ac612e62d9ba5bbdf4719b1.jpeg

Edited by VWJake
Didn’t identify which car.
  • Like 1

Blue ‘73-

I’ve welded in the firewall and raintray parts harvested from the ‘69 shell and managed to get the WN floor pan fitted and welded. I still have the foot well and tunnel repair panels to fab, but I’m making  progress. I’m at home today with my little one as school was canceled for the “extreme” cold... Hope to finish the “tub” metalwork tomorrow. I need to stop at the paint shop on Thursday as well. Going to cover all of the repairs and repaint the engine bay in the proper Baikal blue. ?

B49A4B9B-93DE-4AE1-AAE0-E103012202A8.jpeg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, EPK said:

Here's the article. In the comments are some more tips. A number of people have successfully used these techniques.

https://www.mgexp.com/article/dash-repair-experiment.html

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

huh, would have never thought of spray foam. this may be the route I go since its getting recovered with new leather

16 hours ago, d.hitchcock said:

Dyno tuning at Jesse Prather Motorsports in Topeka, Kansas.

Jesse is a respected engine and racecar builder for roadracers and autocrossers. He's the regional dealer for Electromotive brand equipment, and since my car uses Electromotive TECs ecu, it made sense. The engine is a "built" M10, pianotop pistons, E12 head, IE 292 cam, electronic fuel injection.

It was a fascinating process to watch. It took him roughly two hours from setup to final dyno pulls, with tuning tweaks between each pull.

dyno.jpg

I'm in the process of a similar build except with dual Weber 45"s, Same .292 cam and E12 head, 9.5 piano tops.  Was your head ported at all? Just wondering if I could expect similar #'s. My head is ported with IE uprated springs for that cam. Just wondering if there's a difference between injection and carbed

5 hours ago, rcf925 said:

I'm in the process of a similar build except with dual Weber 45"s, Same .292 cam and E12 head, 9.5 piano tops.  Was your head ported at all? Just wondering if I could expect similar #'s. My head is ported with IE uprated springs for that cam. Just wondering if there's a difference between injection and carbed

I'm not exactly sure, I just don't have any experience with a carbed/built engine to know. But it would seem reasonable to me, once the carbs were tuned properly and with the proper ignition timing, etc., and exhaust.