• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

1 hour ago, kid2002 said:

Are they just widened Steelies? Looking good!

They might be widened Borrani (CMR) steelies, in which case I would edit out the word “just”.... ??

As they say — well, I’m actually making this up — “If you can only recognize the style of the center disc looking absolutely head-on, those rims are seriously “deep dish”!”  They look like 8”ers to me!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

9 hours ago, NYTransplant said:

Nice wheels!

2 hours ago, 2002#3 said:

Yes, very nice and beefy wheels.

2 hours ago, kid2002 said:

Are they just widened Steelies? Looking good!

29 minutes ago, Conserv said:

They might be widened Borrani (CMR) steelies, in which case I would edit out the word “just”.... ??

As they say — well, I’m actually making this up — “If you can only recognize the style of the center disc looking absolutely head-on, those rims are seriously “deep dish”!”  They look like 8”ers to me!

Regards,

Steve

Thanks all for the kind words! They are 13x6.5 Borranis on 185/60's. I had a thread a long time ago about tire troubles and getting them mounted. Inspired by the obvious legendary mojojoy car! Except those guys are crazy who run 205's with these because even with 185s I need some legitimate fender work... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, s99 said:

Thanks all for the kind words! They are 13x6.5 Borranis on 185/60's. I had a thread a long time ago about tire troubles and getting them mounted. Inspired by the obvious legendary mojojoy car! Except those guys are crazy who run 205's with these because even with 185s I need some legitimate fender work... 

I certainly recall the thread! I’ll let others running 6.5” Borrani’s comment — Steve P.? — but yours really look wider than 6.5”. Could they have been widened (a.k.a., banded) at some point in their lives, but started life as 6.5” rims, hence are stamped “6 1/2”)? 

Regardless, that car needs to get out and get some fresh air!  Good luck working through the radiator issue. (You know, the radiator support side of an ‘02 nosepiece doesn’t have as many rust or dent issues as the front fascia and valance.  Maybe someone has a nosepiece too far gone for someone’s full nose-ectomy but still good as a radiator support donor.)

Welcome back!

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

1 hour ago, PaulTWinterton said:

Bit the bullet and bought a new door card.  Out with the old.  In with the new.1627193507_DoorcardLsml.jpg.6b37c609e135c33103a6c5f2d90c075f.jpg1586794396_DoorcardLsml2.jpg.68fb33206a2f6207373fb68ac7c7bf72.jpg

I bought a set from Hugh, did you get the other pair?  I'd been looking for almost 2 years.

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

5 hours ago, tomphot said:

I bought a set from Hugh, did you get the other pair?  I'd been looking for almost 2 years.

I only bought the driver side panel.  Couldn't justify buying both sides right now.  Who is Hugh and is he cheaper than the dealer? ?

Availability is definitely an issue but my parts guy says that they WILL be making more.

73 Inka Tii #2762958

1 hour ago, PaulTWinterton said:

I only bought the driver side panel.  Couldn't justify buying both sides right now.  Who is Hugh and is he cheaper than the dealer? ?

Availability is definitely an issue but my parts guy says that they WILL be making more.

Hugh had 2 pairs available on Facebook 2002 classifieds.  I gave up on waiting on BMW. 

• Like 1

'72 2002Tii Inka   2760698
'65 Porsche 356SC

6 hours ago, jp5Touring said:

Pic of said Super Bright LED bulbs.  The reverse light is so bright my phone cant capture it. Pretty happy for the price and everything woks as planned.

IMG_3034.thumb.JPG.562b456a13fd8ce63570bf51c053bb5e.JPG

They look great!

Do you have a link to them pls?

7 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

They look great!

Do you have a link to them pls?

I will try to get some brake light and back up light pictures tonight, a few people have asked for more info.

The link is for my 73. They give you a couple of options, I chose "Our pick" seemed to be the better of the two.

They work great, I also I'm using the NAPA led flasher don't know if that would matter just fyi.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/1973-bmw-2002?make=11&model=45&year=1973 

• Like 1