• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

4 hours ago, xr4tic said:

The reason the bolt heads should be on the guibo and the nuts on the flange, is when you tighten a nut/bolt assembly, you are supposed to hold the bolt head still and tighten the nut.  If you tighten whatever end that touches the guibo, you risk rotating the metal insert and putting strain on it.

Well new guibo is in.... kinda... couldn’t get one trans flange bolt in... ran out of time. Now going to send old fella to my local guys at Provostt Motorsports in morning  they’ll Fix my mess and make sure drive shaft alignment is good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jp5Touring said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery . I seen a pic of them on Joysterm  02. Thought they were cool and they protect my new Cibie's , bonus .

IMG_3054.thumb.JPG.b100e2bd5c139854ba2005260ea3107d.JPG

I see you have an excellent taste in colour as well.......love to see the rest of the car.

• Like 3

38AB0A3E-2A4C-433C-9215-64365FE43641.thumb.jpeg.993ab27539ac73c7f412d6439f83d1e1.jpeg

1 hour ago, TVeye said:

Been wanting to do this for months, wanna share any info?

For me I chose to fix them to the inside of the headlight pockets. The rock guard grill set I purchased from Jaymic came with clips that secure to the HL bucket, I found it  did not work with my deep dish grills. The fit was too tight to my liking...they just did not look “right”. The alternative was a better solution. I am not sure if they may work better with the shallow grills. Maybe @jp5Touring can weigh in if he had similar issues

The rock guards fit nicely inside the grill so I merely ran a thick bead of clear silicone inside the grill and weighted down the rock guards to ensure adequate coverage. I let them cure for 24 hrs. The down side to this...I have to remove the grill to clean the headlights. A real “PITA” but one I am willing to make.

I ran these rock guards on a Austin Healey and MGB B I had 

back in the day but often wondered why nobody had not tried them on  O2’s until I ran across someone last year. Personally I like the look and if they save you a couple of hundred bucks on replacing a H4 headlight its well worth it.

hth....

Mike

Edited by joysterm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A member here recommended an upgrade for my car that would still be considered stock.  3.45 differentials were supplied on early euro tiis and 3.64 diffs on US tiis, If I understand correctly.

RealOemLIst.jpg.516c74fb5acda09ab0230b6ea7aaf747.jpg

I thought about the change in ratio and resulting extra few percent "distance" out of each gear.  That translates to a little higher speed from less revolutions of the engine.  PLUS the speedo/odo would be even more accurate.  That was enough incentive to release my compulsive demon.

I bought a reman 3.45 LSD (25%-40% lock) off Ebay.  4 hours to install and I'm very happy.  I sort of feel the increase in distance traveled, sort of feel the grip of the LSD, but mostly my speedo and GPS read EXACTLY the same.  Never has my speedo been perfect.  Now it is.

213633096_DiffSwap2.thumb.jpg.434e90585963d24878a57d2a15675961.jpg

Diffs2.thumb.jpg.29e183d05b7869012b65500c5cf4455d.jpg

Edited by PaulTWinterton
  • Like 2

73 Inka Tii #2762958

10 hours ago, TVeye said:

Been wanting to do this for months, wanna share any info?

I purchased mine  from Moss Motors for $10.89. I just set them in the headlight bucket, but had to use a longer fastener .

I used an allen head  maybe 3mm longer, so far so good.  I didn't consider the problem of washing the headlight. Hmmmm ??

I do use an electric leaf blower to help dry the car after a wash so I'm hoping it will be okay.

https://mossmotors.com/stoneguards-pair

I also purchased some of the old school Castrol stuff,  Tin Cup and oil can. I want the tool roll.

https://mossmotors.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Castrol+oil+can

13 hours ago, joysterm said:

I see you have an excellent taste in colour as well.......love to see the rest of the car.

Thanks,  I need to get some good pics of the thing.   I don't think its anywhere near as nice as yours, but a very very good driver car.  It did win a Best of 1970's at a recent car show, that surprised me a little.  I'm a bit surprised at all the attention it gets on the road. People love it, I think its the color for sure.  I was looking for a Chamonix one.  

They are a joy to drive and understand why so many people love them.  Brings back a lot of memories. Money well spent.?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After getting the Tii back from Touring Cars where I had the differential resealed and the rear wheel bearings replaced I cleaned her up from all the shop dust.  Washed, clay barred and waxed with some new stuff I'm trying.  Torque Mirror Shine.  Think it worked pretty well.  I'll see how it holds up compared to Mothers California Gold Brazilian Carnauba. Sure was a lot easier.

GPK Tii.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Glen Karr said:

After getting the Tii back from Touring Cars where I had the differential resealed and the rear wheel bearings replaced I cleaned her up from all the shop dust.  Washed, clay barred and waxed with some new stuff I'm trying.  Torque Mirror Shine.  Think it worked pretty well.  I'll see how it holds up compared to Mothers California Gold Brazilian Carnauba. Sure was a lot easier.

GPK Tii.jpg

Beautiful car!!

• Thanks 1

Burned out a starter that was eight months old - smoke from the solenoid and everything.  Thankfully, it has a "Lifetime Warranty" from O'Reilly Auto Parts and is the e30 Bosch Starter that is a nice upgrade.  So, replaced it and tried to start and a turn and the not so fun to hear click, click, click of no power.  Took battery out and tested it - good battery.  Consulted with my mentors and checked wiring on the starter and nothing.  So the idea of grounding issues came up and one of my mentors (Doug Caine - thank you sir!) suggested to bypass the ground and go directly from the negative terminal of the battery to the engine block with a jumper cable and she started right up.  Moral of the story - I bought a big pack of Dremel Wire Wheels and will be cleaning the grounds and replacing the ground strap - greasing everything with good grease so the clean spots don't rust.  All good now - have to wait for the new ground strap!

• Like 2

Unfortunately today I had to apply some of that ugly plastic orange tape over the passenger side turn signal that was shattered this morning.  Now I'm one of those guys with the tape over a cracked lens.

I was shopping in the hardware store and I heard an announcement over the PA saying ..the owner of a small white BMW needs to go out and see to his car.  Turns out my car rolled slow motion into a truck breaking the lens. No body or paint damage, just the lens. Now the hunt is on for a replacement. 

Edited by 7502