• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

49 minutes ago, 2002Scoob said:

Pulled my alternator, with the intention of disassembling it to problem-shoot my charging issues.

2cb22740a33e66526a9a8e6d87475df5.jpg

Got foiled by one of the bolts that refuses to break free. Gotta get a can of penetrating oil and let it soak a few days. ?

9913dd87709e1ce95738674dc68c401d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps use one of these nifty tools after the penetration fluid soaks . 

769B8918-76DC-42F5-B303-333D4A9E7C46.jpeg

• Like 2

Yah, I was thinking to also check at the hardware store when I go for penetrating oil, and see if they had a broad flat-headed T-handle driver that would let me put more pressure and torque on it. I imagine that little bit of kit attached to an impact gun would only wallow-out the Flathead slot further than I already have. 

I was practically standing on the screwdriver with a few veins poppin' outa me forhead trying to get it to budge. Could feel the bolt torquing/twisting a good bit under load, but the threads refused to give. Even hit it with a torch for a bit, with no luck. 

We've got a round-2 date this evening.

8 minutes ago, 2002Scoob said:

Yah, I was thinking to also check at the hardware store when I go for penetrating oil, and see if they had a broad flat-headed T-handle driver that would let me put more pressure and torque on it. I imagine that little bit of kit attached to an impact gun would only wallow-out the Flathead slot further than I already have. 

I was practically standing on the screwdriver with a few veins poppin' outa me forhead trying to get it to budge. Could feel the bolt torquing/twisting a good bit under load, but the threads refused to give. Even hit it with a torch for a bit, with no luck. 

We've got a round-2 date this evening.

This is a hand tool not air . You hammer the end of it and it creates a impact that shouldn’t harm the slot like a air tool would . I used one on my locked up door striker bolts . Success! Where fluid did nothing 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2002Scoob said:

I was practically standing on the screwdriver with a few veins poppin' outa me forhead trying to get it to budge.

It is often helpful to try tightening as well as loosening stuck fasteners.  Back and forth breaks them free better than just trying to back them out.

I do like my battery powered impact driver for this, running it in very quick bursts both ways, back and forth.  You have to make sure the slotted tip fills the slot though.

Also try tapping on the case at the place where the threads are, using a tiny hammer.  Just little taps can crack the grip.  Don't crack the aluminum though!  Tiny taps is all it takes.

• Like 2

I do like my battery powered impact driver

Not gonna lie, I would have lost this bet.
I would have pegged you for an "anti impact" kinda guy.
I can't live without mine. This $15 90°attachment is a great addition to it also. It makes a crappy task like swapping a fan blade a breeze! cea820526e279af31c1a93d50544ed0f.jpg5f7a70d98a3eb5ce12ad9bbeffce57d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rolled back to Austin after a 1750 mile round trip to the fall mid American drive in Rodgers Arkansas many thinks to Bo & Barb Black for putting this on...two trips up/down the pig trail / thru the Arkansas Grand Canyon with no problems....

9C0358E3-71BD-40C7-B733-B78CAD2A939F.jpeg

1490C03F-4C09-4A60-A8A2-6BA9862AEF42.jpeg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

5 minutes ago, iinca said:

are those real gas prices on the sign? lol...omg that's ridiculously cheap compared to CA

You need to get out more :P

• Like 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.