• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

We went to the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival. Won the under-three-litre class at the autocross and had two spectacular track sessions on the historic Lake Garnett Raceway. The road course was established in 1959 and hosted drivers like Carroll Shelby et al., in the glory days of SCCA road racing.

Folks, it was a slice of sports car heaven!

garnett1.jpg

garnett2.jpg

bighealey.jpg

closeup.jpg

cutecouple.jpg

cutecouple2.jpg

lotus.jpg

Edited by d.hitchcock
  • Like 7

39 minutes ago, d.hitchcock said:

We went to the Lake Garnett Grand Prix Revival. Won the under-three-litre class at the autocross and had two spectacular track sessions on the historic Lake Garnett Raceway. The road course was established in 1959 and hosted drivers like Carroll Shelby et al., in the glory days of SCCA road racing.

Folks, it was a slice of sports car heaven!

garnett1.jpg

And your number was even color-coordinated!

• Like 2

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Removed getrag 245 5 speed to replace with spare because my transmission mount busted and cracked the case and broke the shift rod clean off lucky I wasn't on the freeway when it happened went to pull away from stop sign and the shifter came completely loose. Thank God for AAA. Of course 5 minutes from my house a woman from Utah stopped on the freeway and the tow truck rear ended her before I  could even say holy crap.

20190930_072447.jpg

20190928_143429.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/2/2019 at 5:23 PM, Jimmy said:

If prying on the diff pushed the transmission forward, your issue isn't driveshaft length or diff slot adjustment, it's alignment. Focus on getting the output shaft of the trans and front section of the driveshaft square with each other. From your previous picture it looks as though the rear of the trans is low.

@iinca @PaulTWinterton  Following up on our discussion...the professional (active VARA racer) rectified this. Center bearing just had to be shimmed down 10 mm. Alignment was within half a degree after shimming. Excited to get the car back. 

• Like 4

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

On 10/15/2019 at 5:18 PM, Beantown said:

Engine breakdown complete.  The block is at the machine shop and the head goes in tomorrow and the cam goes to IE for a regrind.  I’m very excited to get to the built up started. 

Why doesn't the machine shop have your other pistons and rods?  Do they have the crank?  Flywheel?  Are you not balancing it while it's there?  You want to balance it while it's there.  It's worth the money, really.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

They have one piston for the bore size and they have the crank.  I will bring them the head to clean and surface and I guess the flywheel.  What should I have them do to the flywheel?  I think they are balancing the crank,  but will check on that.  This was going to be a budget build,  nothing huge,  but seems to be building up to something bigger...

Thanks.