• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

I took the cover off a 2002 I’ve had for 37yrs.  I’m in Calif. so I just wanted to see how much rust has accumulated.  Just as I thought......... WHAT RUST?  Just dirt.... I’m laughing my ass off!!!

722A5048-963F-4193-ACB5-EA46DF73B7A5.jpeg

• Like 6

12 hours ago, BarneyT said:

Started working Tuesday on body repairs on my 73tii fjord blue, first fit up of of nose repair panel...

Single-handedly attempting to repopulate the species...  Strong work buddy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

I put on a set of new wiper blades. Found some nice 15" bare metal ones from the NAPA classic line PN 6-1533. They fit my bayonet style wiper arms and I think look better than the previous newer style Bosh black ones I had before. 

DSC_5447.JPG

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Those look great, Eric.

Black blades belong on black wiper arms. 

I like the simplicity of that style too.

Tom

Thanks Tom, now I just have to work on my finicky wiper switch. Been living on the intermittent position most of the time, it's almost impossible to activate slow and fast speeds unless I get lucky. 

Made some progress. AGM battery mounted under seat and wires made for relocation.
Question: is the 250A circuit breaker overkill? Is it totally unnecessary, a possible problem, or is it perfectly fine as a safeguard feature? I saw some have used them so picked one up.

Also have positive cutoff wired in.

Where should I mount the neg cable?
I'm thinking of just drilling another hole in the foot panel/bulkhead since I don't want to drill the body or pans and I can easily patch the holes I've already drilled in that panel5407215669d2ef2570a0758e96db0711.jpg20593e556af35c12754655b8de71e36c.jpg

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, theNomad said:

Made some progress. AGM battery mounted under seat and wires made for relocation.
Question: is the 250A circuit breaker overkill? Is it totally unnecessary, a possible problem, or is it perfectly fine as a safeguard feature? I saw some have used them so picked one up.

Also have positive cutoff wired in.

Where should I mount the neg cable?
I'm thinking of just drilling another hole in the foot panel/bulkhead since I don't want to drill the body or pans and I can easily patch the holes I've already drilled in that panel5407215669d2ef2570a0758e96db0711.jpg20593e556af35c12754655b8de71e36c.jpg

I mounted my battery in the same location with cut off switch, I bolted ground to seat belt bolt under backrest, It's been fine, No grounding issues. I did run Neg. to cut off switch and not Pos. but I don't think it makes any difference

• Like 1

Looks like they dont like a batt cutoff on the pos when it's in the rear since sheetmetal may Bridge the gap on the large posts of the switch in an accident. Seems like negative could do the same but I think the switches they use have added internal cutoffs for coil/alt along with main cutoff for neg? Anyhow, either way will work for a street car. I want to run a separate fused wire for my clock. This won't work with a neg cutoff.