• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

21 minutes ago, Steve Tochi said:

Just got back from letting my 18 year old daughter drive a stick shift for her first time in my 02.  She's been begging me to teach her, and my response has always been, no honey not in my 02.  She just graduated HS, been a tough year for seniors, and will be moving away to college this Fall.  I got to thinking, I can always get a new clutch, but I can't get back this time with her.  

She did okay, few stalls, few chirps, taught her the virtues of the RPM gauge. I think she's already posted it on her social media. We're going to keep practicing, what a great Father's Day!. 

Awesome! I think the 02 is the easiest car to teach on, personally....I've taught at least 8 ppl in mine. And that was when we were back in high school!

Photos from this weekend: 

AE6DB8EF-C813-41E0-ACEB-D3D91281A816_1_105_c.jpeg

39A5ACA1-656E-432D-B76B-86E314E30C3B_1_105_c.jpeg

0B824A26-E1CF-4AB8-A6FE-29D226D929AF.jpeg

• Like 2

'68 Caribe 1600-1563167

19 minutes ago, PaulTWinterton said:

New bulbs in the front corners.  New flasher unit as recommended.   Now I'm superbright all round.  20200602_172101_copy_846x711.jpg

Looks good. Would appreciate a before and after light output. We're finishing the installation of the parts from napa and 4Wheelonline on the other truck project and gonna start working on the 2002 soon.

4 hours ago, Steve Tochi said:

Just got back from letting my 18 year old daughter drive a stick shift for her first time in my 02.  She's been begging me to teach her, and my response has always been, no honey not in my 02.  She just graduated HS, been a tough year for seniors, and will be moving away to college this Fall.  I got to thinking, I can always get a new clutch, but I can't get back this time with her.  

She did okay, few stalls, few chirps, taught her the virtues of the RPM gauge. I think she's already posted it on her social media. We're going to keep practicing, what a great Father's Day!. 

Raise them right!!  Good stuff right there.  

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

3 hours ago, flagoworld said:

Installed some speakers.. Still havent run the wires yet. I did bench test them for fun though!

Yuck!

I don't give a fird gen, carbretted, alyoominiuhm, tickity boo!... wiff an ole in the boot!

I finally got my 3D printed dash pieces off too, and back from the plastic chrome guys.

They came our pretty well. Not perfect. The plating shows up all of the little imperfections that I didn't see before. However, I think it'll match my glove box and ash tray perfectly.

Dash.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Epic said:

I finally got my 3D printed dash pieces off too, and back from the plastic chrome guys

Link/contact for them, please?

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

13 minutes ago, Epic said:

Plater is in Victoria, Australia. 

Thanks... wish I knew of a plastic chrome plating company in the US.

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool