• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

9 hours ago, bwint313 said:

Just picked up my first '02. A 1973 manual 02. Been wanting one for years and got a decent deal on a (rusty) beauty.  Gonna drop the rear carrier and arms tomorrow to start a rear refresh. 

It didn't happen if you don't post a pic! ? Enjoy!!

• Haha 1

Installed new fog lights.   Now I just need to wire them up.800D8493-3104-46A5-B8BB-44673220367E.jpeg

971D4ED2-1B6D-4365-A437-514F6E5E12B1.jpeg

F10BBB36-99DE-4137-942C-DD0DC1186F4A.jpeg

• Like 3

-Mark

Current project:  '76 2002 (mostly assembled & on the road)

Past:  '73  2002, '78 SAAB 99 EMS, '88 SAAB 900 Turbo, '89 VW Jetta GLI 16v

'66 VW Bug, '70 VW Bug

I drove my tii home for the first time today since I finished rebuilding the motor, no issues at all even though I was in 100°F heat... although im now regretting not getting my AC fixed before I took the drive. This was my first time I have rebuilt a motor and I went through the whole process on my own (except for the machining of course), I couldn't be happier with how it turned out

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, iinca said:

it looks nothing like the car Select Classics sold you last year...nice job

Jeezus!!  I hope not

D49B315F-1DB9-4C8D-8521-4EEC60236EB8.jpeg

30756F76-C076-4E51-A8C6-301834DC85E0.jpeg

Edited by Mike A
  • Like 1

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

Well, I took my '67 1600-2 to the technical inspection - due to changed legislation here in Belgium, it was the first time in 27 years it had to have a mandatory technical inspection. I had a bit of a stressful moment the hours before because the horn stopped working, but I managed to get it back into working order just in time by disassembling the steering wheel and cleaning the contacts.

The inspector told me "your rear blinkers don't work". I asked him whether he had the engine running when he tested them ? - yes, he had. And did he rev it a little too ? Hmm, no. Well, it's a six volt system ... they kind of do better with 7.4V when it's charging ... so he checked again, with a bit of throttle, and was happy. 

They muttered a bit about fluid leaks and chassis rust (nothing structural), and in the end the only remark was that the red colour of the rear fog light was faded and the lens should be replaced.  

Good to go for another 5 years!

• Like 4

We had cars and coffee today in Austin, made all the more special by my son Ellis showing up in his car...DEAD61AC-635C-4678-B8CE-5CE9FD5F742D.jpe

Edited by BarneyT
  • Like 3

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

3 hours ago, tups said:

Well, I took my '67 1600-2 to the technical inspection - due to changed legislation here in Belgium, it was the first time in 27 years it had to have a mandatory technical inspection. I had a bit of a stressful moment the hours before because the horn stopped working, but I managed to get it back into working order just in time by disassembling the steering wheel and cleaning the contacts.

The inspector told me "your rear blinkers don't work". I asked him whether he had the engine running when he tested them ? - yes, he had. And did he rev it a little too ? Hmm, no. Well, it's a six volt system ... they kind of do better with 7.4V when it's charging ... so he checked again, with a bit of throttle, and was happy. 

They muttered a bit about fluid leaks and chassis rust (nothing structural), and in the end the only remark was that the red colour of the rear fog light was faded and the lens should be replaced.  

Good to go for another 5 years!

Dear Lord....Please save us from these pissant, worthless POS bureaucrats

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?