• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Really?   
well, one of these would do nicely I suppose

image.jpg

• Like 1

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

Spent some quality time in the garage over the weekend and again this morning on paint and sunroof work. Spot resprayed the sunroof panel and trailing edge of the roof opening then wet sanded from 600 - 1500 grit and lastly buffed it out w/ some compound paste and finally gave those areas a good wax. Not perfect by any means, but it just reaches my driver level standards.  I also replaced the long sunroof seal section since the old one was really worn out and coming apart. I do think I'll need to play w/ the sunroof adjustment some more since the roof is still in danger of scraping if I open it up too far. 

DSC_0063.JPG

DSC_0065.JPG

DSC_0067.JPG

Edited by 7502
spaces
  • Like 8

Adjusted the play out of my throttle cable on my EFI converted car, by adjusting the angle of the arm down by the pedal box. I had an inch or so of play and you really had to bury the pedal to get to WOT.

Now the play is gone, so instant throttle response (yay!) and you get to WOT much more easily. I'm not sure whether I could even get there fully before, to be honest. So that's a nice change. Much easier to modulate the pedal too.

Also, fwiw, I swapped Redline MTL out of the five-speed and put in Redline Shockproof -- the medium weight, I think.

My "Getrag rattle" is almost entirely gone now.

Also, Sunday I drove three hours up to Lincoln Nebraska to autocross with SCCA at Lincoln Air Park, where they have Solo Nationals (when they have it!). It was so awesome to get to really push the car on a big, open fast course. I finished in the overall index above my buddy in his LS-swapped, wide-body e30, and above my other buddy in his Cayman S. Then I got to drive three glorious hours home in the 02!!! ?

• Like 1

Dissassembled the front steering and control arms preparatory to finishing out a suspension rebuild consisting of new idler arm bushings, new drag link and tie rods and new sway bar bushings.  The Wheeler Dealer team had installed new control arms, front axle bushings, ball joints and struts in 2015, but inexplicably neglected the rest.  Removing the idler arm bushings with the car otherwise intact was far easier than some of the faq posts suggest.  At first it appeared the bushings were in tight, and there was no use trying to hammer them out with a punch from inside — just couldn’t get enough purchase on the seam between top and bottom bushings. So, using a cheap razor pen, I shaved down the largely intact plastic/rubber surrounding the metal tube of the lower bushing. For good measure I jabbed the blade up into the tube, chopping the rubber between the bushing tube and the idler arm housing.  That both loosened up the bushing tube and gave me plenty of bushing tube onto which to fit a small vicegrip.  A few twists and tugs and it was out.  The top bushing I tapped at from below using a long-neck 16mm socket and extension for a punch.  Now the new tied rods are loosely tied together and measured against the old rods, and when the new bushings come in from Blunt it all goes back together. Having the front swaybar out I also installed a (wish me luck) BNR 85 amp alternator to support the increased draw from the new Dietz retro head unit/Kenwood sub/Koogle underdash speakers, Hella 500s/Sharptones and ICE Auto Air A/C system.  About all of which I forgot to post!BCA7C437-9612-4678-A448-2F5C6E2F6415.jpeg

04FB12C0-9F11-42B8-B88C-5FEF03C21B40.jpeg

• Like 2

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

Reblead the front brakes in proper order, just a little bit of air.  Changed out my spark plugs. They look a little rich to me as the new afr would suggest. Plan on checking my timing today and get some legit afr numbers. Then figure out what all my jets are.

IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

IMG_3559.jpg

Bottom edge of the windshield on my touring was leaking so I attempted a temporary fix with some windshield sealing compound. Was not nearly as messy as I thought it would be.

Will have to test it during the next storm.

IMG_20200827_162734.jpg

IMG_20200827_163711.jpgIMG_20200827_163539.jpgIMG_20200827_165101.jpg

• Like 1

'98 M3

'74 2002 Touring

'01 750Il

'96 B3 3.2 Touring

I installed my TI airbox last night. Then after stepping back and admiring it I realized I wanted to do some more fine tuning. So, off they go again. 

This was my first time rebuilding a pair of DCOE’s. They were rough when I got them but thought they were worth saving. A matched pair of 45DCOE 15/16’s. I took my time (started almost 2 years ago!) I replaced everything and probably spent more than I should have, but it’s been worth every penny. Learned a lot, and the 02 starts/idles/runs better than it ever did with the Lynx setup. 

5E2E1769-B923-4727-AD0B-1634B43CCBF9.jpeg

• Like 14

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602