• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Welp it’s been a truly historic day here - after putting it off for years because I assumed it’d be a royal PITA (and boy did it deliver ?) I took on leveling my front bumper. It always was pointed upwards (like someone with a lower lip that goes over their top lip) and irritated me each time I looked at it. This went on for years! But no more... behold!

66B4863C-E336-47BF-86C4-B1AA92EF7FCE.jpeg

D58CD728-A210-431E-97AC-5F20D409F2BE.jpeg

9666EC25-81E4-42C3-990D-0D96D1B0062C.jpeg

Edited by fastricky
  • Like 17

My new to me used gas tank  showed up today.  Appears to be in pretty good shape.  Did a kiddie pool and soap test, no leaks at the seams.  Inside needs a good cleaning and the O-rings are rock hard,no surprise their.  Will do over the winter since The Vintage was cancelled till May.  Waiting on my Weber parts that they screwed up on,,,,uuuuugh .

IMG_3585.jpg 

• Like 1

washed some brake dust and cow dung off my car. 1650 kms in 4 days in the alps leaves some traces.

Having driven the car now for 3 months it's time to start thinking about my 2nd set of tires as from the first set there is less than 40% left

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-21 at 21.32.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-19 at 18.49.33.jpeg

Edited by uai
  • Like 6

Getting some new drivetrain parts in after general disassembly and putzing around:

IMG_5928.JPG

New driveshaft bearing installed -- check out that old one!

Driveshaft installed with new guibo

Shift platform installed with new bushings -- we had none before!

Then pulled the hubs to change rotors + wheel bearings.

• Like 3

On 9/22/2020 at 1:59 PM, fastricky said:

Welp it’s been a truly historic day here - after putting it off for years because I assumed it’d be a royal PITA (and boy did it deliver ?) I took on leveling my front bumper. It always was pointed upwards (like someone with a lower lip that goes over their top lip) and irritated me each time I looked at it. This went on for years! But no more... behold!

66B4863C-E336-47BF-86C4-B1AA92EF7FCE.jpeg

That is one clean machine! Very nice. Those little details bug the heck out of me too. Tell us about your garage setup - why the plywood floor?!