• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Today I swapped out the air cleaner, due to cracking.  It had a small crack when I got it and I neglected to weld it.  It grew very slowly over the past few years and then it grew quickly.  Here's what it looked like initially.

013.JPG

Here's what it looked like today.   :( 

IMG_6954.JPG

IMG_6955.JPG

Luckily I had a replacement on hand and I'd already modified the oval flange, so I installed that one.

IMG_6951.JPG

I guess the old saying "a stitch in time saves nine" applies here. 

Tom

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LindrelT said:

Wanted a quick 'feel good' project tonight so for my new roundie it was taillights!   New lenses and gaskets (old ones half gone) for the outside.    But then there was the lamp housing...  previous owner added foil tape all over.  It is a pot metal housing so do I scrape off and paint or mess with getting it chrome plated? What was the OEM finish? 

Taillights-1074.jpg

Taillights-1075.jpg

Taillights-1964.jpg

Taillights-1966.jpg

Recommend you use less shiny silver or white paint. More even distribution of light. 

Take out all the aluminum tape and remove adhesive gunk, just wipe them clean with something ( I used acetone) and spray.

Edited by tech71
  • Thanks 1

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

7 hours ago, chargin said:

"I'm too sexy..."

Dude! Driving video already!  Let's hear that intake!  Let's hear NINE THOUSAND RPM!

That's actually so amazing.  My old Aprilia RSV would rev to 10.5 as a 1L V twin.  It made 80ft-lbs and 107hp on the dyno up here at elevation, but the f20c makes about double the torque and a little more on the hp with double the displacement.  Gods, what a motor.  I have a hard time appreciating Honda (HRC especially) in most regards, but they do make a nice engine.

(Wow, that Aprilia was 20 years ago...)

Edited by irdave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Spun and oil-primed a new M10 build on the test stand (it's interesting to see the assembly lube 'hang on', though I also do a pour-over of the cam and rockers before the oil flows through feed tube). -KB

• Like 4

2 hours ago, irdave said:

My old Aprilia RSV would rev to 10.5 as a 1L V twin.  It made 80ft-lbs and 107hp on the dyno up here at elevation, but the f20c makes about double the torque and a little more on the hp with double the displacement.  Gods, what a motor.  I have a hard time appreciating Honda (HRC especially) in most regards, but they do make a nice engine.

Yeah, what he said ?

as nice as 150 additional ponies is it really gets eclipsed for me by how good the F-6 speed transmission feels, with the higher shifter platform and precision feel it is amazing, for me the shifter is in the perfect location and I've never felt a better shifting transmission from any Marquee 

12.4 (11).JPG

• Like 1

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

3 hours ago, kbmb02 said:

Spun and oil-primed a new M10 build on the test stand (it's interesting to see the assembly lube 'hang on', though I also do a pour-over of the cam and rockers before the oil flows through feed tube). -KB

test-stand-oil-priming.mov 6.84 MB · 5 downloads

Looks so nice and new. What are the specs on this engine?

IMG_3705.jpgSo I tried adjusting my headlights this Summer and could never get them right.

Some research here and a couple hours of poking around found that the headlight buckets were inverted.

Swapped them and threw in a zip tie till I get a couple of J hooks,,  oy vey

Edited by jp5Touring
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2