• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

2 hours ago, Fletcher said:

Awesome!  I need to do the same. May I ask how much the repair was ballpark and where you had it done?  Thanks!

Hi there:

I live just outside of Portland Or. Had these done at Beaverton Upholstery. He charged $1700 to recover, re-pad, and clean up the seat mechanisms too.  Last year they did my E30 interior in leather and charged 2500 for front and rear seats, headrests and seat backs too. They also re covered the front seats on our E46 wagon in black leather for 1400.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A little cold in the garage so needed something I could bring inside...  grilles!  Note the zip tie on the badge the PO stuck on there.  Some slats were purple, some silver and a few trying to be black.  So lots of steel wool, tapping out dings, straightening slats.  A JB weld job on one mounting tab that was loose.  And then two hours of taping up what wasn't going to be painted! A couple of new corner lens thingies and it looks great! Won't put back on car yet because I need to adjust the hood while hinges are accessible.  Enjoy!

Grille-1.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, LindrelT said:

A little cold in the garage so needed something I could bring inside...  grilles!  Note the zip tie on the badge the PO stuck on there.  Some slats were purple, some silver and a few trying to be black.  So lots of steel wool, tapping out dings, straightening slats.  A JB weld job on one mounting tab that was loose.  And then two hours of taping up what wasn't going to be painted! A couple of new corner lens thingies and it looks great! Won't put back on car yet because I need to adjust the hood while hinges are accessible.  Enjoy!

Grille-1.jpg

And here I just replace the electrical tape every decade or so... ?

Nice work. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

I've been looking since I bought the car April 2019.  Wanted something different or old school. Kept coming back to Panasports.  Very hard to find and thought I had found some but the seller backed out and said he sold them to his Brother. WTF.  Found these last week and jumped on them, been restored already.  Couldn't be happier and can't wait for Spring.

IMG_3711.jpg 

IMG_3712.jpg

• Like 7