• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Fiberglass-patched a few holes in the spare tire well of the '70 ti-wannabe project.  Garage temperature was around 40-45 F, so I had to use a heat lamp for several hours.  Worked well.  Prep work:  3 days.  Patching:  30 minutes.  Go figure.

Photo 1:  lighted from above

Photo 2:  lighted from below

To Do:  patch from below and sand both interior and exterior layers...prime and paint, of course.

Painted the top of the refurbished fuel tank.

Photo 3:  the tank

To Do:  Coat the bottom with bed liner or some such durable stuff.

Larry

IMG_2262.jpegIMG_2268.jpegIMG_2269.jpeg

• Like 6

Found a motor from a '72 locally. Picked it up today. Can't feel any ridge on the top of the cylinder with the fingernail test. Head looks good - no crack lines between chambers. I think I did OK. Plan is to build this as minimally as possible to get it running, then do a temp swap with the original motor in my '73. Build the '73 motor for a bit more performance then swap back.

I'm glad the Subaru has the spill protector matt in the back!

Would you tear down the bottom end or just mic the bores, clean up the head and give it a go?

PXL_20210206_185646451.jpg

PXL_20210206_185635376.jpg

PXL_20210206_193832426.jpg

• Like 3

Installed the strut bar I got from Wallothnesch (going to add washers under the bolts next). 

image.png

Also finished stripping/repainting and rebuilding my pedal box with a new IE kit.  Then shortly after, discovered my slave cylinder has gone bad, and that it was installed upside-down...

image.png

• Like 6

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

1 hour ago, Lorin said:

One of your horns looks slightly crooked.

That is a fantastic engine  bay ! Looks killer. What engine management are you using? 

Horns, yeah.  I had the car pretty far apart, going back together now.

As per JimK, Haltech Elite.  Just picked up a few more connectors for the high current stuff, going to keep working on the harness.  Wife is out of town for the weekend, so hopefully wrapping it up...

Edited by irdave
  • Like 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

4 minutes ago, irdave said:

Horns, yeah.  I had the car pretty far apart, going back together now.

As per JimK, Haltech Elite.  Just picked up a few more connectors for the high current stuff, going to keep working on the harness.  Wife is out of town for the weekend, so hopefully wrapping it up...

The horn comment was a joke, what are thoughts about the haltech so far? I’m considering one for my 911. 

15 minutes ago, Lorin said:

The horn comment was a joke, what are thoughts about the haltech so far? I’m considering one for my 911. 

It seems to be really comprehensive.  It was expensive, but at this point I'd rather have a well thought out, easy to use, very supported system.  I should know more in a couple of days, but I know Jim calls them on a regular basis for help, and they just answer the phone and help...  That's worth money to me.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.