• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

1 minute ago, irdave said:

Going to build it fun or just stock?

the e30 m10 is stock other than the 38/38 Weber and headers. The original has a 292 schrick, valves and bigger pistons. It’ll remain pretty much the same build but realistically I won’t be putting that motor together for quite some time. I’ve got another project that needs to get finished before. We’re moving in sept and I’d like this to somewhat resemble a car before I haul it across 3 states! ?

53FB0423-C95A-45E7-8C34-D5156947336A.jpeg

• Like 7

Max-

73' BMW 2002

Member # 2329

3 minutes ago, CoastalCrush said:

the e30 m10 is stock other than the 38/38 Weber and headers. The original has a 292 schrick, valves and bigger pistons. It’ll remain pretty much the same build but realistically I won’t be putting that motor together for quite some time. I’ve got another project that needs to get finished before. We’re moving in sept and I’d like this to somewhat resemble a car before I haul it across 3 states! ?

Dude!  You coming to Colorado?!

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

1 hour ago, Fortlauderdalian said:

That looks great! I’ve got to try that on my Tii. What polish did you use

Thanks, They are in pretty good shape so didn't need  a lot. The black slats were all different lengths and OCD got to me.

I used red Scotchbrite pad cut into small pieces, then steel wool #0000 that I had.  I polished with Simichrome and a Mothers PowerCone.  The backside was pretty grimey with years of filth on it so just the red Scotchbrite.  

I used Scotch brand Black Colored tape that someone here recommended  off eBay. It's inch and a half wide,just trim with a sharp blade.   Takes a roll for one side.  Six rolls for ten bucks was the best deal by far.  

Edited by jp5Touring
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fortlauderdalian said:

Got the wing off just decided to drill the top spot welds out 

E5CBD458-9AF3-4356-BC33-67DD10B9F93E.jpeg

95D579E5-EE5A-4F80-9E59-7EC5F0F66C73.jpeg

3A3C567B-D9FF-4660-91FA-C941E4FCA557.jpeg

Just curious, why did you remove this structural piece? It doesn't look that rusty, I think I would have just cleaned it up and sprayed some sort of rust inhibiting paint in all the nooks and crannies.

26 minutes ago, xavier296 said:

Looks like two Florida 2002s are in the middle of major refresh. You aren't too far from me.

I assume the exhaust parts are painted? or ceramic coat?

Yeah, scope creep continues.  I used VHT primer and topcoat for the exhaust parts.  The rear subframe is all Eastwoods ceramic epoxy product. What’s your current scope creep?

• Like 1

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000