• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

On 3/7/2021 at 11:09 PM, Fletcher said:

You don’t like where the Velcro’d-in-place portable speaker is sitting on my cracked dash? 

Far and away not the point of the share, but OK...

The parameters for its placement:

* in easy reach for power/volume

* not in my line of sight or obstructing anything

* not “under” anything (as the buttons are on top)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I'm assuming it wouldn't fit on the dash shelf? Box too deep?

I'll probably get one of these as I don't feel like cutting anything to run speakers.(i covered/repaired the previous chopped holes)

4 hours ago, Fortlauderdalian said:

Still working on the dreaded black. Definitely going to try dry ice on the back half

A1083F4B-6F17-4077-B1CF-F1C14E81E950.jpeg

Dry ice all the way for the flat sections, then hit it with a ball peen; comes out super clean. For the thinner side panels and tunnel, use a heat gun and scraper followed by mineral spirits to clean those; looks great afterwards. Nice work!

• Like 1

1973 2002tii Taiga

1969 2002 Chamonix

Not doing much on the car right now kept driving it a few times a week but I did just obtain these vintage NOS

Bilstein HDs. Made in Western Germany so they have a few years on the shelf, wonder if the warranty is still good ? ?

IMG_2516.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

IMG_2518.JPG

• Like 4

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

6 hours ago, tech71 said:

Not doing much on the car right now kept driving it a few times a week but I did just obtain these vintage NOS

Bilstein HDs. Made in Western Germany so they have a few years on the shelf, wonder if the warranty is still good ? ?

IMG_2516.JPG

IMG_2517.JPG

IMG_2518.JPG

why didn't you just buy a new set or are bilstein hd's really not available anymore after 50+ years of making them?

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

My 73 tii went to the body shop for final finishes and Atlantik paint.  The body shop uses BASF paint, so I am comfortable that we will get a good color match.   Kudos to my brother Chris for getting this ready.  The shop owner is doing this one off-the-clock, on his time, so it will be 6 to 8 weeks.  

Before the Body Shop.jpg

• Like 1

Frau Blucher - 73 tii

Captain Biggles - 66 Triumph TR4a

54 minutes ago, bmw_e30 said:

why didn't you just buy a new set or are bilstein hd's really not available anymore after 50+ years of making them?

Pretty much, they have become difficult to obtain for an 02 and run around $170-$180 a piece.

I didn’t pay near that.?

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

4 hours ago, Steven Hage said:

I replaced the OEM alternator adjuster with one from a Datsun 510, so far it fits without problem and it maintains proper tension but I haven't driven the car yet to see how it does under load or anything

IMG_20210310_190350.jpg

Any mods need to fit this, I saw it the other day on a car in Aus, and was intrigued