• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

40 minutes ago, R.I.P.B.M.W. said:

Realoem, group #23, diagram #14, item #2. P/N 23411466134 and click on the "camera" icon to see it. I always squeeze the spring steel collar a little to make it fit tighter on installation and then turn the split on the collar about 90 degrees from the dowel. No fun getting towed home (BTDT).

Would that be the same size pin for the rod joint outside the tranny? Since it has 2 pins and I lost one. Arrow below for reference, #4 is the tension bush that was moved for the pin to come out.

E018EF94-049C-441D-B92C-FAD33B85AFBC.jpeg

45 minutes ago, jp5Touring said:

Adjusted the hood and added those little j hooks for the front grille.  

Checked the internet to see where all my parts are ?? There not close ☹️

BTW if you carefully bend those hook ends with Vise-Grips while around the grill mounting ear, they stay in place better while awaiting the thumb screws.

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Hello friends, today was a beautiful day, I had the day off work so I decided to install my new headliner. I still need to cut out for the sunroof opening, I’ll let the perimeter glue dry overnight before doing that. Overall I think it went pretty well. This was my first rodeo installing a headliner. I’m enjoying a cold one now. Cheers. 

DC672F6D-A6AE-4A84-952F-93D5EAAD3FCA.jpeg

• Like 7

On 4/7/2021 at 3:08 PM, jp5Touring said:

Adjusted the hood and added those little j hooks for the front grille. 

Should a '75 car have those j hooks? I have a j hook and the knurled nut I found in some stuff that came w/ the car.  I really couldn't figure exactly where they go on my plastic grills.

8 minutes ago, 72pdx02 said:

Hello friends, today was a beautiful day, I had the day off work so I decided to install my new headliner. I still need to cut out for the sunroof opening, I’ll let the perimeter glue dry overnight before doing that. Overall I think it went pretty well. This was my first rodeo installing a headliner. I’m enjoying a cold one now. Cheers. 

Take some more pictures on your process if you can. I salute you for attempting that job. Is that the old headliner hanging on the wall?

I have a sunroof too and that probably complicates things. Was your old board material still good? My PO replaced the original board w/ home cut corrugated plastic panels, maybe from the aircraft industry. I'm reluctant to attempt a re-do.

48 minutes ago, 7502 said:

I have a sunroof too and that probably complicates things. Was your old board material still good? My PO replaced the original board w/ home cut corrugated plastic panels, maybe from the aircraft industry. I'm reluctant to attempt a re-do.

My old board was good, but I did apply some marine urethane to the top side to help protect it. I have 2 headliners on the wall to reference. One is the sunroof and the other is the original. The previous owner used my roof to stand on while putting things in the rafters. Roof dents everywhere  and a few large ones made me decide to do a roof skin swap and gain a sunroof at the same time. I haven’t found anything too difficult yet as long as I do research first. This site has been great for that. 

99E67C9C-2DB6-4B30-84E8-A8DFC2D266D7.jpeg

0C748E05-65F7-4661-8C35-AD2CC1F1814E.jpeg

856E1686-7015-4DB8-A025-A55CD476A3D9.jpeg

07220B29-E0E8-42F2-89E7-AA3F217C6BE6.jpeg

• Like 5

9 hours ago, 7502 said:

Should a '75 car have those j hooks? I have a j hook and the knurled nut I found in some stuff that came w/ the car.  I really couldn't figure exactly where they go on my plastic grills.

Mine ('76) does.  They go way on the outside, outside of the headlight, right in the middle.  Have to reach your hand through to inside the light bucket area with the hood open to tighten the nut.

Edited by irdave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.