• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Pulled my brake light switch and determined it's pretty worn out, wasn't able to get get it cleaned up and functioning 100% so ordered a new switch from NAPA. Someone was kind enough to tell me my brake lights weren't working this morning at an intersection, now I wonder how long they have been out of commission.

• Like 2

On 5/3/2021 at 12:23 PM, 7502 said:

Someone was kind enough to tell me my brake lights weren't working this morning at an intersection, now I wonder how long they have been out of commission.

Funny, someone was kind enough to tell me the passenger side brake light wasn't working this morning at an intersection.  I too wonder how long it had been out of commission.  

I pulled into the next parking lot and put one of my reverse lights in its place, since I did not have any spares on board.  I did find fuses in the glove box, but no bulbs.

Here's what I found when I pulled the bulb.

IMG_8383.JPG

It looks like a drip of cold water fell on the hot bulb and poked a hOle in it.  (?) The hole was facing up.

I also found a lot of dirt in there, due to the fact that the little seal around the perimeter of the lens is toast. 

Tom

Edited by '76mintgrün'02
replaced with reverse light, not running light
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Funny, someone was kind enough to tell me the passenger side brake light wasn't working this morning at an intersection.  I too wonder how long it had been out of commission.  

I pulled into the next parking lot and put one of my running lights in its place, since I did not have any spares on board.  I did find fuses in the glove box, but no bulbs.

Here's what I found when I pulled the bulb.

IMG_8383.JPG

It looks like a drip of cold water fell on the hot bulb and poked a hOle in it.  (?) The hole was facing up.

I also found a lot of dirt in there, due to the fact that the little seal around the perimeter of the lens is toast. 

Tom

Mice?

?

• Haha 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Hi gentlemen, still busy with my total 2002Tii restoration. Yesterday I was ready to put a layer of black hi temp paint on the radiator when the idea to clean and polish the copper top and bottom came to my mind... What do you think? Should I paint it all black or just protect that copper with a clear coat and paint the central part with black? On the pictures, the bottom is no polished yet.

IMG_20210507_120205446_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210507_120225740_HDR.jpg

Edited by Toga

11 hours ago, Chamonix72 said:

Installed this today. Still some work to do, but this part is done. 

That engine bay looks serious!  Looks awesome.

But is it suppose to breathe out of the back of the radiator?

Edited by irdave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

2 hours ago, Toga said:

Hi gentlemen, still busy with my total 2002Tii restoration. Yesterday I was ready to put a layer of black hi temp paint on the radiator when the idea to clean and polish the copper top and bottom came to my mind... What do you think? Should I paint it all black or just protect that copper with a clear coat and paint the central part with black? On the pictures, the bottom is no polished yet.

IMG_20210507_120205446_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210507_120225740_HDR.jpg

Pictures no work for me, ☹️

11 hours ago, Chamonix72 said:

Installed this today. Still some work to do, but this part is done. 

Nice! I assume you are referring to the airbox? What is the sensor - air temp? What's on the other side of the box, Webers or Fuel Injection? It looks like a fuel rail, but then I see a throttle linkage too.....

45 minutes ago, Toga said:

Hi JP5 Touring, but the pictures appeared in the quote you did... Don't know what I could do.

I have the same issue.  They all come through as black on black.?

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000