• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

11 minutes ago, zinz said:

That NK station wagon/delivery van is cool !  

I talked to the guy it was 1 of 5  built It used to be used by the BMW racing team as a support vehicle

01B1A7A5-6872-4809-8AB3-35D463BD53EC.jpeg

E1B79A4E-B11C-454E-BA9B-09A4E2419DAC.jpeg

• Like 7

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

On 8/30/2021 at 5:52 AM, Swiss 2002Tii said:

One thing that has "gotten me" was when I removed my air filter to do KF work and accidentally unseated this little hose that connects from the throttle body to the air filter breather hose.  It's hard to spot, and that will cause an air leak.

IMG_3101.JPGIMG_3094.JPGIMG_3108.JPG

Well, I got to it today. Double checked that port on the throttle body and it is secure. HOWEVER, I think I have found the culprit. I had missed the suggestion to check the plastic piece at the bottom of the throttle body where the butterfly shaft exits. I sprayed a little carb cleaner and got a very satisfying (and distinct) change in the idle. Anyone know of a rebuild kit for throttle bodies? When I bought the car the throttle body was stuck in the WOT position, the c clip and washers were totally rusted. I pulled everything apart and cleaned up the rust, replacing the washers and c -clip at the bottom of the shaft. I did not replace the plastic (nylon?) piece. Thoughts? I can buy a new TB, but where is the challenge in that ? ?

16 minutes ago, cdbeemin said:

Well, I got to it today. Double checked that port on the throttle body and it is secure. HOWEVER, I think I have found the culprit. I had missed the suggestion to check the plastic piece at the bottom of the throttle body where the butterfly shaft exits. I sprayed a little carb cleaner and got a very satisfying (and distinct) change in the idle. Anyone know of a rebuild kit for throttle bodies? When I bought the car the throttle body was stuck in the WOT position, the c clip and washers were totally rusted. I pulled everything apart and cleaned up the rust, replacing the washers and c -clip at the bottom of the shaft. I did not replace the plastic (nylon?) piece. Thoughts? I can buy a new TB, but where is the challenge in that ? ?

just found an older post from Paul W stating that I should have a cap on the end of the shaft and I do not. I'll measure and head to the hardware store. If that fixes it, well, there will be some quality booze passing these lips tonight...

• Like 1

This morning I did a valve adjustment. Log book shows that was 11906 miles ago and just over two years. Time fly's by. All valves were still at 0.007" except for #3 and #4 intake that measured 0.009", I'll take that as a sign of a happy engine.  My under the cover appearance is always a bit grimy but it seems to run good.

Also replaced the NKG BP5ES with BP6ES since that's what I had in the garage. Any reason not to use those?  Seems like I've read they are ok to use,

DSC_0505.JPG

Edited by 7502
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, cdbeemin said:

just found an older post from Paul W stating that I should have a cap on the end of the shaft and I do not. I'll measure and head to the hardware store. If that fixes it, well, there will be some quality booze passing these lips tonight...

I don’t recall the diameter, but you’ll find plastic table leg caps in the furniture bits and bobs that serve the purpose.

• Like 1

1972 BMW Inka 2002Tii  ?

1974 BMW Turkis 3.0 CSi ?

1972 MBZ Weiss 280SE 4.5 

2006 BMW Cobalt 530i (38,700 m original)