• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Big THANKS to @c.d.iesel for the advice on Weber 32/36 jetting!  I had ordered the jets to match his FAQ 'recipe' months ago but today finally got them in...  wow - what an improvement.  I did plug the top hole and will go back and epoxy it now that I know the project was a success.  Only casualty was the crappy tiny c-clip that holds the choke lever on the choke arm...  while removing it the thing went 'zing!' and I watched it fly up and over my head to somewhere in the garage never to be found.  Oh well, I'm happy!!  ?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, LindrelT said:

while removing it the thing went 'zing!' and I watched it fly up and over my head

After losing a couple, I’ve resorted to holding a mechanic’s magnet close to those wire clips and tiny circlips as I pry them off. The magnet catches them instead of them flying off. 

Something to try next time..

Ed

• Like 5

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

45 minutes ago, zinz said:

After losing a couple, I’ve resorted to holding a mechanic’s magnet close to those wire clips and tiny circlips as I pry them off. The magnet catches them instead of them flying off. 

Something to try next time..

Ed

Using a magnet to catch the C clip is my SOP, but last time I did this - the clip still managed to escape.  Does anyone happen to know what size that thing is, other than "smaller than what my hardware store has"

thanks

WRKO

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, WRKO said:

Using a magnet to catch the C clip is my SOP, but last time I did this - the clip still managed to escape.  Does anyone happen to know what size that thing is, other than "smaller than what my hardware store has"

thanks

WRKO

Safety wire size?

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Replaced the wide band o2 sensor for the 5th time since installing the S14, the last one was on the 17th of April this year, 8352-miles before it failed on my trip down Hwy 1 to San Simeon/Hearst castle this past Saturday.49920A14-D8BC-4155-BEC9-EBEED6EC87B4.jpeg

I also repaired two cracks in my Zender spoiler and re-painted it. 

5D4009B5-FC72-4D00-85A5-A2840FA2C399.jpeg

7694BC0B-82D0-4F36-830D-B11DA8B916D6.jpeg

66D29A13-A7E0-48D8-9CA7-10A0F364AC4E.jpeg

Edited by Doug Riparetti
  • Like 2