• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

1 hour ago, 7502 said:

@sort77

Before you put the door card back on I would stick some of that Dynamat on the inside of of the outer door skin.

965B5266-B50D-4533-8D7E-6B510BEA9F25.jpeg

Yes! Definitely I’ve been waiting for some Por 15 to arrive to address some rust due to some wild and stupid sandblasting. I’ve got some strips slated for there. Been wondering if some ensolite might help in there too. 

However, it’s true, I didn’t think about how it would affect the original noise ?? I’ll be sure to take it easy. 

i don’t plan on selling, but original is original, don’t want to mess that up toooo much ?

Out and about in the Baur today, sunny and 67 here today…had the Baur up on new shop addition foundation this morning sizing up lift layout. Tour around part of  Lake Travis and then home.

D6A1E152-B531-4273-95D9-0D34BA0DE1DC.jpeg

2598FFA9-32EC-4E6F-A228-333B5D70BDC9.jpeg

E3546E54-70F4-47EB-8987-086190449C4D.jpeg

4E32769D-F00B-49D9-AED1-D729D11E7049.jpeg

025232F0-4D86-4FC1-98BB-F3CD117DC94B.jpeg

DE6C4239-8032-434F-BDFF-445E226B5D6D.jpeg

• Like 5

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

got rear ended. Jon at Fenders & Fins is working on the repairs and Hagerty is ponying up the costs.  Fortunately the hit occurred directly in the middle of the frame rails (and below trunk lid) and resulted in no structural damage to the car.  Simple bang out rear, paint and replace all lights...

IMG_5219.jpg

• Sad 5

'76 02 (Nellie) daily driver since '94

'76 02 (Oscar) sunroof restore since '10

1 hour ago, rdeeble said:

got rear ended. Jon at Fenders & Fins is working on the repairs and Hagerty is ponying up the costs.  Fortunately the hit occurred directly in the middle of the frame rails (and below trunk lid) and resulted in no structural damage to the car.  Simple bang out rear, paint and replace all lights...

That just sux...person behind you looking at his/her phone maybe??  ?

• Like 1

ill post here first! So In the middle of my fender flare/air dam install I bought from Ireland Engineering.

The back flares and are ready to be cut and welded however the fronts meeting with the air dam is totally throwing me off... 

I watched the video on YouTube that everyone posts about which is all well great but those are not I.E. Flares and are not cut like his..... I.E. says the flare goes behind the air dam SO I am missing something and or doing it wrong. 

Can anyone that installed IE flares help!

PXL_20220130_205113341.jpg

PXL_20220130_205126813.jpg

No.... IE doesn't say that for fitment with the turbo airdam.   As you now see, tucking behind the turbo airdam looks odd.  Here's a quote lifted from their listing for fitting the flares with the turbo airdam.

"-When fitting with Turbo Airdam: Trim the flares to butt up against the airdam."

Therefore, take a sharpie or scribe.  Mark where the airdam hits the flare and trim the flare to sit flush on top.

Pretty color BTY.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, its55 said:

Vintage AutoX - now that sounds fun.

It's a blast. It's amazing how much of an adrenaline rush you can get in 45-60sec run. Not to mention how to really handle and push your car (if you want to).

I have run my e39 touring, e46's and my e30 in various classes over the last 6 years. This will be the first time running vintage class. Looking forward to it.

2 minutes ago, exemplary_1 said:

It's a blast. It's amazing how much of an adrenaline rush you can get in 45-60sec run. Not to mention how to really handle and push your car (if you want to).

I have run my e39 touring, e46's and my e30 in various classes over the last 6 years. This will be the first time running vintage class. Looking forward to it.

I know, I've autoX'd off and on since the 80's!  Most recently in my (now sold to get a 2002) Mazda Miata.  Slowing down in my old age though LOL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, its55 said:

I know, I've autoX'd off and on since the 80's!  Most recently in my (now sold to get a 2002) Mazda Miata.  Slowing down in my old age though LOL.

Me too. That is why I am looking forward to the vintage (historic) class ? take my time, dodge a few cones and try not to break anything