• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

2 hours ago, Fortlauderdalian said:

That’s a satisfying feeling when your that far along. Are you going to keep the same color?

Thanks! And yours looks like it's really coming along as well. While all of this sanding takes a tremendous amount of time, I'm finding it oddly therapeutic after a stressful work week. While I love Malaga, I think I am going to change the color to Inka, which means a lot more work unfortunately.

Cheers,

Ric 

73 02 Inka

05 M3 Schwarz 2

67 912 Light Ivory

Local Flavor

Yesterday I took my wheels off and brought them to a local tire shop and had the proper screw in valves installed (BMW part# 36121119332).  These replaced the rubber valve stems that I had (which were slowly leaking).  Then today I washed my car for the first time in probably about 3 years.  To celebrate, I made the trip to our local meat market Corralitos Market (about 10 minutes from my house) and bought some of their wonderful apple wood smoked sausages.  If you're ever in the Watsonville/Santa Cruz area.  Corralitos Market is highly recommended.  I've live here my whole life and their meats are legendary.  Of course I got some German sausages and also a couple of the Bavarian.  Good weekend.  Cheers,

John

ScrewInValve.jpg

Corralitos1.jpg

Corralitos2.jpg

Corralitos3.jpg

• Like 6

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Went on a circular odyssey today. Tried to do part of a shifter refresh, couldn't get the grub screw to budge after repeated applications of WD40 and lots of whaling. Gonna wait on that until I drop the front and rear subframes. 

"Cleaned" the carb (Weber 32/36) for the first time in forever, discovered that the engine does NOT want to run on carb cleaner. Once that got pumped through fired right up and ran great for a while. Next there was a fuel starvation issue. Replaced the fuel filter that had inexplicably become filled with gunk and emptied of fuel. Next there was a weird new noise when starting, kind of a high pitched whine- not steady, but I still decided the starter might be bad. Got a ways through pulling it off and decided it was too much. Put it all back together and tried starting once more for the hell of it, fired right up. Go figure. Whistling/whining noise seems to be from either a big hole in the air cleaner or from the accelerator pump- you can hear it when you step on the gas. Weird. Died on me once during the test drive, I hope it was just more carb cleaner that the engine choked on. Ran great after that.

On the bright side, ran new grounds from the instrument cluster to the heater box mount, so at least I got SOMETHING done...

• Like 1

I’m going old school back to 13” wheels. I repainted my 1/67 steelies and will be rolling on these unless I find something else period correct I like better. I kind of like the look of the steel wheels without hubcaps for a vintage rally look. Flattening agent was added to the paint but they still turned out shinier than I wanted.

7E5AF4F2-B844-425E-8E98-B7F8FEFA530D.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, JohnS said:

Local Flavor

Yesterday I took my wheels off and brought them to a local tire shop and had the proper screw in valves installed (BMW part# 36121119332).  These replaced the rubber valve stems that I had (which were slowly leaking).  Then today I washed my car for the first time in probably about 3 years.  To celebrate, I made the trip to our local meat market Corralitos Market (about 10 minutes from my house) and bought some of their wonderful apple wood smoked sausages.  If you're ever in the Watsonville/Santa Cruz area.  Corralitos Market is highly recommended.  I've live here my whole life and their meats are legendary.  Of course I got some German sausages and also a couple of the Bavarian.  Good weekend.  Cheers,

John

ScrewInValve.jpg

Corralitos1.jpg

Corralitos2.jpg

Corralitos3.jpg

Nice post.  My car is in pieces right now, but hope to see you out on Freedom Blvd when I put it all back together.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 72pdx02 said:

I’m going old school back to 13” wheels. I repainted my 1/67 steelies and will be rolling on these unless I find something else period correct I like better. I kind of like the look of the steel wheels without hubcaps for a vintage rally look. Flattening agent was added to the paint but they still turned out shinier than I wanted.

looked huge until i realized theyre not sitting on the ground

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, 72pdx02 said:

I should do this to mine at some point.  Do you know of a proper paint color code for these wheels?  I know they're supposed to be "gray"...

First time messing with carbs. It was a lot easier than expected.

They were out of sync and idle mixture seemed off. 3 out of 4 cylinders were running rich according to how the spark plugs looked. 

Car runs soooo much better now.

20220522_143653.jpg

• Like 4

'98 M3

'74 2002 Touring

'01 750Il

'96 B3 3.2 Touring