• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Dropped the rear subframe, was just about as easy as could hope for, and everything came loose without even needing some of my more persuasive tools beyond wrenches and ratchets. Easy peasy, was out in a few hours time on my own. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c9533d035c01cd7053c3c0e3f515a868.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

Dropped the rear subframe, was just about as easy as could hope for, and everything came loose without even needing some of my more persuasive tools beyond wrenches and ratchets. Easy peasy, was out in a few hours time on my own. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c9533d035c01cd7053c3c0e3f515a868.jpeg

Ausgezeichnet! (Here I refer again to that barn?).

‘74 Fjord 2002tii (Zouave)

’80 Alpenweiss 528i (Evelyn)

’05 R53 Chili Red Mini S

‘56 Savage Model 99 in .250-3000

Been enjoying everyone’s updates.

Finals are done, time to start on the wiring!  Haven’t done much electrical before, so thanks to the faq for lots of good advice.  

Will post wiring diagram etc. in the future, but today marks the beginning with the unwrapping of two harnesses.

8A825BEB-994E-451C-9399-B90C797E7E8C.jpeg

• Like 12

As this is something I have done too many times I would suggest as you unwrap, zip tie the wires together as they were with the tape, pay special attention to the tee offs. I use vinyl tape on those areas, when all done re wrap using friction tape

16 hours ago, AceAndrew said:

Been enjoying everyone’s updates.

Finals are done, time to start on the wiring!  Haven’t done much electrical before, so thanks to the faq for lots of good advice.  

Will post wiring diagram etc. in the future, but today marks the beginning with the unwrapping of two harnesses.

8A825BEB-994E-451C-9399-B90C797E7E8C.jpeg

It looks like you have a very good helper to get the job done.  Two harnesses are better than one.  I had an extra e30 harness on a table when I wired mine up, it was very helpful.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2022 at 7:42 PM, FunElan said:

I kinda figured they would just lean, which I told them I was chill with. Homie got on the roof for a second and that's where I drew the line.

An old fashioned ass whoopin would have ensued….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This weekend I finished welding some pinholes on my rear arches, then took the rear passenger side panel down to bare metal. 

My reward was mocking up the rear flare. A lot more work ahead of me!

Jason

B0A81941-F067-4919-B1BF-0C80324D600D.thumb.jpeg.17a9541f5e8697af0c1f3152039a05ea.jpeg

• Like 8

- Project 67' 1600-2

- Pig Cheek 71' 1602

17 hours ago, BarneyT said:

Mostly support services today, started moving into new shop area…

I'm envious Barney.  That's my dream setup.  You lucky dog!

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Continued the disassembly this weekend.  Headliner gone.  Battery tray and relay holder, sliced out.  Wiring is now s big rats nest under the dash, yikes.  And I found my 10mm socket... and someone else's.  Also, third or forth round of filler on the dash, not nearly as easy as I thought it would be, but getting there.

IMG_1054.thumb.jpg.a3edd0bf2e66c3886342b52319194b11.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

• Like 3