• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Man…that was a job. Full front end redo on the Tii. Switched over to actual Tii parts (thanks Hal!) and all new bushings, rods, rotors, calipers, ball joints(replaced original riveted in ones)bearings, hubs,bilstein, h and rs….and ss lines!

Could not get new thick pads on the rotors so had to scrape off some material with the driveway. There was no way they were going to fit…but it’s done! 

Good thing it’s only 106 today! ?‍♂️

616680F8-4D77-4982-B059-617F79EB3080.jpeg

• Like 10

Jus Piddlin' this weekend.  I had a whole bunch of these NAPA Classic wiper blades in my parts stash so I decided to black out a couple using SEM Trim Black for use on my 74tii.  While I was in there I refinished the wiper arms from the 74 too.  Turned out really good.  

Off Topic:  I stole the Jus Piddlin' saying from Sandy Smith's awesome YouTube Channel.  Jus Piddlin' BBQ.  If you're a beginner at using a Pellet Grill Smoker (like me) check him out.  I've learned how to BBQ everything from him and he's great.

Check out my high tech painting rig ?

Wiper1.jpg

Wiper2.jpg

Wiper3.jpg

Wiper4.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 8

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

Steady slow progress on the 72 Ceylon Gold tii, rear breaks complete waiting on front rotors to finish the front…fuel tank installed and working on electrical…planning to install engine this weekend.

7F1A712E-12FB-4955-ADF7-229EEC914698.jpeg

8F375028-9F81-4675-A8EA-6EA29B7D7809.jpeg

A09B2440-2B75-41D8-B4A9-4374CE8A534B.jpeg

A8BC3846-F280-4E17-B6F2-D59CAD3F3BAB.jpeg

25403A89-0B44-4521-8D5D-5BE5BF156A07.jpeg

5E57FF73-53B9-4C0B-8297-F2E88C4E4D5E.jpeg

• Like 11

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

I am refreshing my tail lights, repainting the inside of the bezel where the old silver paint that has faded away

D01F1F79-4C98-444B-B856-B7DB13D7670C.thumb.jpeg.3c57600dfdea055ec2f693557f946aa4.jpegA8CB2D8B-D6CE-4958-BD66-DB24B4570D8A.thumb.jpeg.5a4a4d7dbd67044b964b0ce9f15b3aca.jpeg

This part has been easy but fitting the URO brand tail light lens is not going well. Any tips to make them fit better?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, BarneyT said:

Steady slow progress on the 72 Ceylon Gold tii, rear breaks complete waiting on front rotors to finish the front…fuel tank installed and working on electrical…planning to install engine this weekend.

7F1A712E-12FB-4955-ADF7-229EEC914698.jpeg

8F375028-9F81-4675-A8EA-6EA29B7D7809.jpeg

A09B2440-2B75-41D8-B4A9-4374CE8A534B.jpeg

A8BC3846-F280-4E17-B6F2-D59CAD3F3BAB.jpeg

wow Barney that’s a nice job

I like the power take off in the old battery position. Still like the TEP braces/battery holders, great to tie off to, seems to be a under the seat vs trunk split on the forum, only thing i worried about is rust issues in the shock mounts, I can’t see it really being an issue as the tube that goes through the middle of that box section does not get drilled so it can leak into it, if you see what I mean, and I can’t see how it could cause an issue…. Oops think I’ve answered my own question?

can’t wait to see this finished 

Edited by SydneyTii

Noticed my headlights were not working on my way from home from work. I've cleaned and changed 8A fuses number 9 and 10 but still no low beams. High beams and everything else works normally including hazzard.  Maybe tomorrow I'll look into the switch. Can't imagine both of my low beams would magically burn out on the same day?  My VW headlight switch had to be replaced a few years ago.

Update: Problem solved, removed the center relay, cleaned the pins, then sprayed w/ Deoxit and viola low beams work again. I did the other relays when I was in there. Wish all problems were this easy.

Edited by 7502
solution
  • Like 1

Started working (investigating) on adjusting my accelerator pedal linkage so that it will actually open the 32/36 secondary.  I wonder if the previous owner believed the acceleration was adequate ? .  While I'm at it I may as well check out / refresh the complete pedal box.  After finding my LR bitch spring popped out, also going to start working on refreshing the rear brakes and freeing up those adjusters as per the recent Hack Mechanic article.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BarneyT said:

Fresh Ceylon looks sooo amazing... but in the same garage together with tûrkis grün, the scene out of this wold!

Waiting for same in sunlight.

• Like 2

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

39 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

Did you see what’s on the bench as well!!

I was quite blinded by the colors but I did notice a lone Campagnolo(?) lying there, if that's what you mean.

Thought about being envy of that later when whole set appears on the scene ?

• Like 3

Racing is Life - everything before and after is just waiting!

7 hours ago, its55 said:

.  While I'm at it I may as well check out / refresh the complete pedal box.  

When you rebuild the box you might want to give the rocker just aft of the brake booster some love (lube).

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944