• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

I would like to announce that, after four driving seasons in my 02, my door locks now WORK!

As best as I can figure, I botched them up from the git-go by installing the door handles while the latch mechanisms were in the "locked" position (sliders down). The handles worked to open the doors, but I was unable to turn the locks.

After pulling the door cards and removing the handles, I was able to spray-clean and lubricate the latches in place, and pull the sliders up into the unlocked position. Reinstalled the handles and voila.

• Like 8

My son Kane brought his car over today, my original car I purchased at 19…his driver side rear bearing is going out…ordered replacements today from Blunttect.

07F5B545-3AE4-4E61-B24D-A3B91B177A94.jpeg

Edited by BarneyT
  • Like 16

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

25 minutes ago, BarneyT said:

rear bearing is going out

Do you have a long enough cheater bar in the shop to break that rear hub nut loose? :)

Ed

• Like 2

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

Put Stella up on Barney’s lift for a quick inspection before heading out for our Texas 02berfest weekend in Fredericksburg.  Terry Sayther has put together a fantastic drive through the Texas Hill Country.  Tire rotation while she was up on the lift.  

AC2C1F81-A877-4971-9DEE-4507753920D3.jpeg

• Like 7

"To my way of thinking, the 2002 is one of modern civilization's all-time best ways to get somewhere sitting down. - Car and Driver Magazine April,1968 

On 11/1/2022 at 9:54 PM, flagoworld said:

Replaced grommets… dont mind the rusty master 😬. Didn’t break the plastic nipples thankfully. 

78E5C275-3CF7-4B06-95A1-A7D1E4990183.jpeg

Are those the proper silicone hoses that won't react with brake fluid?  The rubber hoses connected to the plastic nipples?  Just checking.  Usually it's a special type of silicone hose blue or black with a braded type of outer sheathing.

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 1

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

24 minutes ago, JohnS said:

Are those the proper silicone hoses that won't react with brake fluid?  The rubber hoses connected to the plastic nipples?  Just checking.  Usually it's a special type of silicone hose blue or black with a braded type of outer sheathing.

Yes they were advertised as brake fluid appropriate. They have been on there for 6 years now so I think they were not lying!

• Like 2

'74 Verona

Getting our caravans together headed out to Fredericksburg, Texas for Terry Sayther’s  02 Oktoberfest…staying at the Peach Tree Inn a vintage motor coach type hotel…

4834AE11-9EA8-4B35-B976-650FE56FFC3D.jpeg

2A02F3A4-5CD6-481D-B96E-C7F43F302695.jpeg

579C8F44-4BE3-42B3-8154-DC7F6BCE2F94.jpeg

• Like 12

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…