• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

Rescued another stray dog from ebay...  This one has the markings I was looking for...

BEFORE:

BEFORE.jpg

AFTER:

AFTER.jpg

Cleaning it up like that is one of the first things I did to my car as well. So gratifying. 

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

Today I finished wiring my third brake light. Thanks to everyone that helped me sourcing the right wires to connect to. 

Also adjusted my driver door seal, installed new, that wouldn't let the door close. Removed 1/2" off the back of the seal which allowed the door to close properly.

• Like 4

2003 e39 M5 (daily)

1986 e30 325es (sons car)

1972 2002tii (fun daily alternative)

4 hours ago, JohnS said:

Rescued another stray dog from ebay...  This one has the markings I was looking for...

BEFORE:

BEFORE.jpg

AFTER:

AFTER.jpg

@JohnS what paint did you use on that? I need to respray my gas tank and that looks like just the right color / sheen.

• Like 1

1971 Fjord Blue BMW 2002

1984 Black Mercedes Benz 300TD

I mounted some zip tie anchors to the roof of my car in preparation for attempting the headliner install.  Bought 100 + zip ties for $7, needed 5, thanks Amazon.  Taped a string to mark the center line of the roof, installed the bows and rotated them up and marked the spot with a Sharpie.  Mixed up some JB Weld, coated the backs of the anchors and pressed them on the roof.

While those were drying, I started cutting out and installing the 1/4 open cell foam pieces for the "C" pillars.  Used a piece of cardboard as a template, cut out the pieces and coated the foam and "C" pillar with 3M 90 contact adhesive.  After the glue had set, pressed the foam in place.

Did some maintenance on my Son's BMW 318IS, nothing on that engine is easy to get to, except for the oil filter canister.

Mark92131

IMG_4275.JPG

IMG_4276.JPG

IMG_4277.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1970 BMW 1600 (Nevada)

14 hours ago, Pablo M said:

Today I finished wiring my third brake light. Thanks to everyone that helped me sourcing the right wires to connect to. 

Also adjusted my driver door seal, installed new, that wouldn't let the door close. Removed 1/2" off the back of the seal which allowed the door to close properly.

Could you let me know the details of your third brake light install, or point me to the threads?  I’ve been thinking about doing this!

17 hours ago, mmaaaaaxx said:

@JohnS what paint did you use on that? I need to respray my gas tank and that looks like just the right color / sheen.

I had the early US tii airbox powder coated in what the placed calls "satin black".  IMO, the "satin black" powder coat is a little bit too flat compared with an original airbox, but it's Okay.  A while back I repainted my gas tank and I used a rattle can of Krylon "semi flat" black.  Matched really well.  Hope that helps,

John

SemiFlatBlack.jpg

74tiiTank1.jpg

Edited by JohnS
  • Like 6

'73tii Inka 🍊

'74tii Fjord 🏄‍♂️

1 hour ago, JohnS said:

I had the early US tii airbox powder coated in what the placed calls "satin black".  IMO, the "satin black" powder coat is a little bit too flat compared with an original airbox, but it's Okay.  A while back I repainted my gas tank and I used a rattle can of Krylon "semi flat" black.  Matched really well.  Hope that helps,

John

SemiFlatBlack.jpg

74tiiTank1.jpg

Suddenly I want to repaint my whole gas tank.

• Like 1

Engine bay OCD is a real problem

@02carbs 

4 minutes ago, jimk said:

Installed the Holy Grail fuse box

I forgot they were making one for the 2002; that looks good.

I haven't installed mine in the e28...still looking for a round tuit.

Ed

• Like 1

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

36 minutes ago, jimk said:

Installed the Holy Grail fuse box

20240611_132542.jpg

Wow @JMK that looks nice.  How is it to install ?  Thanks,

Don

• Like 1

Don

1973 Sahara # too long ago, purchased in 1978 sold in 1984

1973 Chamonix # 2589243 Katrina Victim, formerly in the good sawzall hands of Baikal.2002 and gone to heaven.

1973 Inka # 2587591 purchased from Mike McCurdy, Dec 2007

13 minutes ago, Highnote1 said:

Making trunk boards! Managed to get out of Joanne’s Fabric without being yelled at by an old lady. They can tell I don’t belong. 😂

What thickness plywood and what size staples are you using? 

I need to make mine too, but I don't have old ones to make a template from.  I may have to borrow them from a buddy to trace them out.

Karl B.

1974 2002tii Malaga ("Conrad") -->> Conrad's Restoration Blog

2003 330i ZHP 6-spd

2011 328i xDrive