• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Quick follow up question; what goes on next?  Really.  Oil pump and pan?  Then the head?  Then ?

And wrist pin circlip tool...

IMG_20180612_151230.jpg

Edited by irdave

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Life at elevation (indeed)

Took a jaunt to Guanella Pass, 11669 ft., via Grant-to-Georgetown, CO today.  The 12 miles of new 2-lane undivided asphalt to the summit == bliss! ?

B1173E16-404E-43E0-A402-CA0122CE8C00.jpeg

Edited by visionaut
PS: thx, view is from summit, looking east at 14K Mt. Evans... (been there in the 02 too)
  • Like 4

Where we goin’? … I’ll drive…
There are some who call me... Tom too         v i s i o n a u t i k s.com   

This past weekend...

Replaced broken valve spring I luckily caught before I torqued down my cylinder head. Broken because past owner used all thread for intake manifold bolts. Last time I freshened up intake gaskets, guess I turned one in too far and was hitting spring and eventually gave (explains that subtle tick) it developed and lunging off line. Throttle response is crisp as f*ck now!

New bolts and correct 11mm thin nuts installed that I got from Ireland.

IMG_6249.jpg

You can see bolt wedged into spring

IMG_6247.jpg

IMG_6248.jpg

Final surprise was I forgot to put spring on blow through carb linkage and throttle got stuck near wide open and pooof went the oil filter gasket, blowing oil everywhere on car. 

IMG_6250.jpg

Also polished my valve cover somewhat because it seemed important.

IMG_6246.jpg

IMG_6257.jpg

Edited by Sharktrainer
  • Like 7

Today I upgraded my shift linkage to the late style with an IE dual shear selector rod and short shift lever. I also swapped out the transmission mount with an E21 mount (I could bend the old one with 1 finger, it was about as useful as sticking a water balloon in its place would have been.)

One thing I noticed is that the reverse switch isn’t making contact with the DSSR, I gotta find some way around that. (In the image, the car is in reverse)3ea5f0a3ee5db91b28219090ad4b2b57.jpg&key=ae83b965effa41a51ac46848aee4297cc81481357ac31bb08add2f2c2819ce8b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, I'm SpaghetTii said:

Today I upgraded my shift linkage to the late style with an IE dual shear selector rod and short shift lever. I also swapped out the transmission mount with an E21 mount (I could bend the old one with 1 finger, it was about as useful as sticking a water balloon in its place would have been.)

One thing I noticed is that the reverse switch isn’t making contact with the DSSR, I gotta find some way around that. (In the image, the car is in reverse)3ea5f0a3ee5db91b28219090ad4b2b57.jpg&key=ae83b965effa41a51ac46848aee4297cc81481357ac31bb08add2f2c2819ce8b

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s not the reverse switch. That’s a neutral safety cut out switch. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/