• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

I worked on the ‘73 again today. I welded in a patch for the trailing edge of the inner wheelhouse and filled all of the holes in preparation for the fitting of the outer wheel housing. Once the outer housing is back on I’ll feel a lot better about moving this car back to the garage for some real work. 

546B2E22-724E-4B14-8248-4F0EDFE2CC68.thumb.jpeg.88ad0da774f2b6d6db2c466b4ee1da80.jpeg

03EEE40C-CEDC-45CB-8329-6CB0EC87BA7C.thumb.jpeg.204e2d360cebaedb1dfbe1bfcfe080ed.jpeg

5B07AE58-B001-480B-8386-765A27A28918.thumb.jpeg.88d3e1fffcd59716b10b728eb4ece4a1.jpeg

• Like 1

Got around to installing a fresh powder coated e brake level with upgraded bearing kit and new shift knob and e brake handle from Kooglewerks

Console_NewEBrakeHandle.jpg

Edited by KenH
  • Like 2

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

My attempts to rebuild my VDO wash pump were in vain.  So I ordered a "less expensive" URO pump. The bracket the URO comes with didn't seem to fit my round bottle, so had to retrofit the original VDO bracket to make it work, involved some dremeling, drilling, and a little swearing but I now have water flowing strong to the nozzles.  

IMG_3140.JPG

IMG_3142.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, OriginalOwner said:

Steve,

Great Job !!!!!!!   When you're not busy, you can retrofit mine ...... you're on my lunch tab at you-know-where.

Cheers,

Carl

Sure I'd be glad to do it for you, its just hard to buy a new part and immediately start taking it apart.  I'm also concerned putting a new URO part might cause some problems, next thing you know you'll want euro bumpers and blinkers.  Apparently it is easier to get a lunch with you in another country than in Socal.

26 minutes ago, Steve Tochi said:

Sure I'd be glad to do it for you, its just hard to buy a new part and immediately start taking it apart.  I'm also concerned putting a new URO part might cause some problems, next thing you know you'll want euro bumpers and blinkers.  Apparently it is easier to get a lunch with you in another country than in Socal.

A liquid lunch? ?

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

1 hour ago, tzei said:

Fixed a door brake. Used E21 one. 

Then feeling good about myself i thought i fix temp/fuel gauge earts by adding an extra earth supply for them. As i was putting other end under the dash i found where my coolant was leaking. I am so not in the mood for taking that whole heater thing out of the car! Scheisse!

2002 -73 M2, 2002 -71 forced induction. bnr32 -91

Painted it:

DSCF7249.thumb.jpg.4848435ae68b3e870fd4d858769041c1.jpg

DSCF7247.thumb.jpg.d91a53c620c2605a7f456c1afa9f1de5.jpg
The prep by either you or your paint folks is outstanding. True pros at work, and the booth is immaculate (or brand new) I noticed in your other pics they/you, even though no metal flake in paint still hung doors in proper position for spraying, an often overlooked step until you mount doors and wonder why they don't match body. Kudos, following along!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dave R.

1975 Inka 2002a

5 minutes ago, dave-r said:

The prep by either you or your paint folks is outstanding. True pros at work, and the booth is immaculate (or brand new) I noticed in your other pics they/you, even though no metal flake in paint still hung doors in proper position for spraying, an often overlooked step until you mount doors and wonder why they don't match body. Kudos, following along!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave. Stephen (Liquid Reflections, Seattle) does award winning work. He painted my TiSA a few years ago and it won "Best in Show" at Legends of the Autobahn. Unfortunately this is the last car he is going to paint. He has been having some health problems and feels like all the chemicals he has to deal with ain't helping. I guess I'll have to have him sign this one. ?

• Like 3

1971 NSU 1200 TT           http://www.msportvintage.com                 

1990 E30 M3 1/60 JTCC Racer 1972 HPK 2002 Racer

1975 GS Tuning 2002      1965 BMW 1800TiSA- #193

1971 BMW 2002                1973 BMW CSL      

It's so hot here that my hot melt glue let go of the LED.... argh.

Hence the fuzziness...

Cheers,

IMG_20180625_193427904_BURST001.jpg

• Like 2

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

52 minutes ago, ray_ said:

It's so hot here that my hot melt glue let go of the LED.... argh.

Hence the fuzziness...

Cheers,

I have to admit I do not miss the time I spent in Georgia- at Ft Benning.  That's all you buddy.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.