• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

11 hours ago, kbmb02 said:

Fired up the sidedraft engine build (with my son at a distance of 6’ shooting video with the mobile device). -KB

KB.....If you don’t mind my asking,What are the specs on that motor? My racing days are over, but I am still toying with the idea of building a barely streetable hot rod if I can find a decent shell. (Please don’t tell my wife)Mike 

• Haha 1

73 Tii stock build, Porsche Macan   , E46 330i Florida driver, 

….and like most of us, way too many (maybe 30 at last count) I wish I hadn't sold ?

Ran a power wire to the secondary fuse box directly from the battery to help solve some noise issues. It did solve them.

Vacuumed and buttoned up the interior a bit.

Went for an hour long drive around town.

Started mocking up turbo bits... this is gonna look crusty but will be tons of fun! I am sure after enough practice the crustiness will go away. Or just hide things in heat wrap ?

• Like 3

'74 Verona

20 hours ago, AndySals said:

Finally got to paint the two back wheels. Fronts tomorrow hopefully. Colour is BMW Brazil Braun. Then I became 7 again and coloured in the tyres. 

03216E9A-298B-432F-A700-A059B3072145.jpeg

E162E737-AE6F-493C-8BC3-2C0756BA291F.jpeg

Andy, the flares are just great.  I mean, the whole thing looks great, but the flares are spot on.  And the wheels, too.  I mean, the whole thing looks great.  Well done.  First cup, little human contact...

Edited by irdave
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

Removed my power steering...

And it turns out there are 2 mounting locations for the rack, the stock one for power assist, and a more aligned position for manual...

Ten pounds saved, plus fluid, plus drag on the engine, plus less crap in the engine bay, plus no more PS leak on the floor...

Edit, I have a Frankenstein car. That Alpina car is not a Frankenstein car.

IMG_20200415_161530.jpg

Edited by irdave
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

11 hours ago, Mike A said:

KB.....If you don’t mind my asking,What are the specs on that motor? My racing days are over, but I am still toying with the idea of building a barely streetable hot rod if I can find a decent shell. (Please don’t tell my wife)Mike 

The basics: 13.5:1 C/R + Schrick 336/328 camshaft + Weber DCOE 45's

I don't think this one would be streetable, @Mike A - anything below 5,500 and it's still yawning.

(fwiw: I do street engine builds for individuals and restoration shops, from stock to hot-rod and

"stage x" (whatever that means))

Edited by kbmb02
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, BarneyT said:

Down to the last of the hand work on The re-fresh of these cosmic wheels...

I like Cosmics. Fortunately, mine came with them. I had them professionally cleaned up, gutter rash repaired and machine polished. I painted the inserts satin black.

• Like 2