• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Started some major surgery on my drivers door today. I hope to finish the metalwork tomorrow with a bit of luck, then I'll skim over it and epoxy prime it another day. I used the existing holes for the trim to fix a box section support to keep things straight.

IMG_0989.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

IMG_0991.jpg

IMG_0992.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0994.jpg

• Like 8

Finished repairing the recliner mechs on my seats.  They also were missing some Circlips. Apparently, these are needed to keep the squeaks and rattles out of them. Also, they ensure proper hinge alignment so that they lock in place.  I had to dust off my Gerry Rig degree and use zip ties to make sure that the recliner mechanism. Stayed in place.  There is an expansion ring clip that is supposed to hold it in place, but I have a feeling that when the hinges get old they bend out and don't align like they should.  Luckily BMW engineers put in a perfect little hole to run a zip tie through.  P.S I know I need to get the other spring.. one thing at a time. IMG_1799.thumb.JPG.0a3614f664c3c5807f9f39ce1ae8683b.JPGIMG_1802.thumb.JPG.56cb054528922d28d0375cb93c3410fb.JPG 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002