• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Swapped out the fuel pump I borrowed on the RGB fall drive so the spare can be returned to its generous owner (thanks, Mike!), then changed the oil. Sadly, I also drove the '02 down to the storage garage and tucked it in for a long winter's nap. 

But my 8-year-old helped me on the oil change--his first time really working on a car. He did great! After I cracked the drain plug loose, he unthreaded it and didn't fuss a bit about getting oil on his hand. He helped to oil the seal on the new filter, tightened the drain plug (yes, I checked it) and he made sure I put in the right amount of fresh oil. Now he can't wait to help me swap the winter tires onto the daily drivers! I'm still grinning about it, and I think my dad is smiling down too.

-Dave

PS - Oh, and I freed up the sticking driver's door latch. Now it springs open as it should, rather than needing to be shoved open. Those little things can be so gratifying...

Edited by dlhoovler
  • Like 3

Colorado '71 2002

'17 VW GTI Sport
'10 Honda Odyssey Family & Stuff Hauler

Well Carl isn't the only one who gets to drive in nice weather :)  Decided to take it for a drive today.  Warm enough to wear shorts this weekend. Seems like it should be cooler this time of year but I'm not complaining.

SundayDrive.jpg

• Like 6

1975 non-purist driver M42 Turbo, Hurricane a/c, and all sorts of cool stuff

1976 2002 sold, 1970 2002 sold, 1969 1600 sold

1 minute ago, KenH said:

Well Carl isn't the only one who gets to drive in nice weather :)  Decided to take it for a drive today.  Warm enough to wear shorts this weekend. Seems like it should be cooler this time of year but I'm not complaining.

SundayDrive.jpg

Those are some pretty mirrors!

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

I knew I wasn't going to be able to count to 10 before Ray made a comment about the mirrors LOL

1 minute ago, KenH said:

I knew I wasn't going to be able to count to 10 before Ray made a comment about the mirrors LOL

Can Gus count to ten?

Ray

Just now, d.hitchcock said:

That's a pretty 2002!!! I showed it to my wife so she could see where I hope to wind up someday in the not so distant future.

Ours is a malaga '76, with the same body mods as yours (shaved reflectors and knee molding)

Ask Ken to open the hood.

;-)

Ray

2 minutes ago, d.hitchcock said:

That's a pretty 2002!!! I showed it to my wife so she could see where I hope to wind up someday in the not so distant future.

Ours is a malaga '76, with some of the same body mods as yours (shaved reflectors and knee molding)

Thank you for the nice comments.  I like it :)  The car does tend to get a bit of attention whenever I have it out.  Nice to see some of the younger guys get excited to see it.

• Like 2

Just now, KenH said:

Thank you for the nice comments.  I like it :)  The car does tend to get a bit of attention whenever I have it out.  Nice to see some of the younger guys get excited to see it.

Ken has a nice car. Almost as nice as mine.

• Haha 1

Ray

9 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Ken has a nice car. Almost as nice as mine.

Maybe not as nice but certainly has more power :)

• Like 1