• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

13 minutes ago, SydneyTii said:

Superlites?

No. Knockoffs. Western wheels.  A defunct US company from back in the day that copied everyone.  Or at least they did their own version of many popular wheels.  This particular style uses shank bolts.  

Lugs3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

73 Inka Tii #2762958

4 hours ago, Brett said:

Got the 76 with the M42 on the lift to do an oil change and check to see that everything is good and it is.  I bet many reading this thought the oil catch was in the wrong place ? That is the M42.  Funny thing about the M42 is that the manual says 5 Quarts of Oil, and I bought the 5 Quart bottle, but in reality it is 5.5 Quarts, so I need a little more - thankfully, delivery will be here tomorrow.  Also, got the 74 Tii up and found the rear exhaust hanger was not on, so loosened up the muffler and rehung.  All better!  Oh, almost forgot - got my lift installed over the last couple of weeks and have a ton of projects to tackle!  Super excited!  Thanks to this great community for all of the great work and support!  Calling out Mike Pugh, Scott Porter, Dan Rosado, Randy Worzella, Doug Cain, and many others for all of their time and energy in helping me out!  THANK YOU!!!

image.png

Nice cars, garage and lift. 

How does the m42 compare to the tii?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

No. Knockoffs. Western wheels.  A defunct US company from back in the day that copied everyone.  Or at least they did their own version of many popular wheels.  This particular style uses shank bolts.  

Lugs3.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting my set installed (with help from @PaulTWinterton ).

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 6:03 PM, xr4tic said:

Finished the insulation/drywall in my new garage (24W x 30D x 12H) and pulled the '02 in

Still got some unpacking to do, but I at least have space to work on the car again.

20210116_153422.jpg

What wheel storage kit is that on the wall?  Love it and want it for my garage!

18 hours ago, 2002iii said:

Nice cars, garage and lift. 

How does the m42 compare to the tii?

Very different rides - the Tii pulls harder off the line, but the M42 has more top end grunt and I am thinking Turbo to help with the low end.  With that said the M42 has a lowering kit, harder suspension and a 5 spd.  Both are great rides!

• Like 1

Quick question for the group. I just had my flywheel resurfaced after sitting off the engine for more than a year. Mounted it, torqued then went to put the clutch on. Clutch mounting holes full of rust. Used wd40 and thread chaser to clean them up then brake cleaner to remove the oil. Still rust in there but bolts thread in nicely. Is it OK to use a little copper antisieze compound on the threads of the clutch plate bolts or will that add risk to bolts loosening up with potential disastrous results? Or do I just mount them dry and hope I never have to go back in...? Thoughts?

• Like 1

Since my original alternator was only putting out 12.7V at high RPM I upgraded to the AL41x. Easy peasy install and now it's pushing 14.1V even at low, cold idle. Added bonus, I got to declutter the engine bay a bit by removing the external voltage regulator. The unit I got even had a 90A sticker attached!

PXL_20210123_182443850.jpg

PXL_20210123_183113798.jpg

• Like 4

Noted that I’m almost done with the Tii engine bay, and shot a photo. -KB

Q: What are the original and/or correct type of hose clamps for the fuel supply lines?

(For those curious: This is a ‘74, but with an early KF pump .. hence, a few things deleted)

E4536DBE-2D37-4AA6-9708-6F7384281775.jpeg

• Like 8