• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

8 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

Hasn’t Maximilian just got some in??

They have received a limited quantity , price including US shipping is $379 a pair. Grab them while you can, I will just go with my NOS units at half that. They look and feel perfect.

Hopefully new ones become more available. I dont care for the ride from B8 "sport plus" units, not necessary for a street car.

Now, if I could just scrounge up another set of STD size main bearings...?

Edited by tech71

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

15 hours ago, stephers said:

Use a piece of flat copper as a backing piece, it will help when you blow thru the metal and will help to fill the holes

Thanks, Rick

I made this out of some old copper gutter pipe and it worked pretty good. Still a few tiny pinholes to fix but it’s coming along 

0C2144E0-0390-4225-B51E-55CA74BBE6D7.jpeg

3654F11D-6080-49A5-A9FB-35A9C400828A.jpeg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, tech71 said:
12 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

They have received a limited quantity , price including US shipping is $379 a pair.

Ouch, sorry didn’t realise just saw the newsletter flash through my inbox. 
I think I got mine from the shoxshop all 4 for under $500 with postage to Aus a few years ago now,  supply and demand I guess.

On 3/10/2021 at 8:10 PM, Steven Hage said:

I replaced the OEM alternator adjuster with one from a Datsun 510, so far it fits without problem and it maintains proper tension but I haven't driven the car yet to see how it does under load or anything

IMG_20210310_190350.jpg

Looks like a turnbuckle from a steel cable fence lol. The e30 318i alternator adjustment bracket has a star locking bolt that works a lot better than the original 2002 one.

its the little things. these stupid interior dome light lens are super hard to find i manage to snag one nla brand new

IMG_5341.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG

• Like 2

18' Racing Yellow 911 GT3
71' Agave Green 2002
10' Silver Landcruiser 200 series
10' White Landcruiser Prado 150 series

On 3/10/2021 at 7:50 PM, tech71 said:

Pretty much, they have become difficult to obtain for an 02 and run around $170-$180 a piece.

I didn’t pay near that.?

thats crazy that they randomly stopped making them and i assume there is still a ton of demand worldwide for them

i picked up a brand new set about 6 or 7 years ago for maybe $300 or 400 bucks i think to use with the factory springs

71' Agave Green 2002

9 minutes ago, bmw_e30 said:

its the little things. these stupid interior dome light lens are super hard to find i manage to snag one nla brand new

IMG_5341.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG

My car doesn't have one, nor holes in the headliner where one would have gone. Were these an option? 

58 minutes ago, bmw_e30 said:

thats crazy that they randomly stopped making them and i assume there is still a ton of demand worldwide for them

i picked up a brand new set about 6 or 7 years ago for maybe $300 or 400 bucks i think to use with the factory springs

I dont know, maybe not all that much demand, The pool of 02s is shrinking due to attrition, every year there are less due to wrecks or cars just rusting away under a tree somewhere.

Bilsteins last a very long time so once purchased, not much need to purchase them again. They might be a victim of their own durability.

76 2002 Survivor

71 2002 Franzi

85 318i  Doris

1 hour ago, popovm said:

My car doesn't have one, nor holes in the headliner where one would have gone. Were these an option? 

Your car’s headliner has been replaced, but not the overhead courtesy light. The courtesy light was standard, located over the driver’s door in cars without sunroofs and located in the center of the ceiling, just aft of the sunroof, in cars with sunroofs.

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

6 minutes ago, Conserv said:

Your car’s headliner has been replaced, but not the overhead courtesy light. The courtesy light was standard, located over the driver’s door in cars without sunroofs and located in the center of the ceiling, just aft of the sunroof, in cars with sunroofs.

Regards,

Steve

Got it! I always wondered. Makes sense. This car was “warmed over” at some point. I am guessing late 90s or early aughts based on the Alpine speakers in the rear and the badly aging paint job. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 3:17 PM, bmw_e30 said:

I want to apologize for providing wrong information. This dome light does not fit in our old BMW’s. Though some things can be made to fit I’m sorry for providing wrong information here. My apologies to anyone who bought this dome light as a replacement. I am thankful for all the help and information this site has to offer. Thank you everyone and again I am sorry. 

Edited by 72pdx02
VW dome light Doesn’t fit
  • Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 6:52 PM, 72pdx02 said:

I was into old VW’s when I was younger. From my experience with them I still find misc parts that can be substituted if you want.  

906C15E7-C8BB-4EC2-88C2-69973E57D0A0.jpeg

thats not oval like the original one and has a chrome bezel around it it won't work. it also like 99% of vw parts it probably is made in mexico or china by a 3 or 4th tier supplier trust me i looked at all the alternatives when leno broke mine a few weeks ago and oem was the only correct way forward

71' Agave Green 2002