• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Cleaned up the 3.64 longnose. Seals will arrive Friday, then paint.

IMG_0218.jpg

Will be such a pleasure not to have to shift every 5 seconds.

Had my exhaust guy make up a tail flange piece for the Stahl. Will be sooo much easier to place and weld the bung this way.

Off to ceramic coat tomorrow.

IMG_0217[1].jpg

• Like 2

I don't give a fird gen, carbretted, alyoominiuhm, tickity boo!... wiff an ole in the boot!

23 hours ago, cdbeemin said:

Yep, removed everything. Headliner, rear windows, and sunroof were installed before the car was returned today.

Thoroughly cleaned the car, installed the firewall insulation, then ran the wiring harness. Installed taillights, rear running lights and center trim. Good first evening...

• Like 1

took these pipes out of a box to review for consideration

DSCN0639-X2.jpg

fettled the spring-bow packing-sleeves (aka bumper support grommets).

DSCN0644-X2.jpg

Edited by ScottA
terminology
  • Like 4

machinist - A&P - UAV inspector.

'71 1600 parts car, '71 Nevada tii tribute, '73 Polaris automatic in assembly awaiting 5-speed, 3.90 LS and dual 40s

'61 R27 - '74 R90S - '83 R100RS

Chamonix ‘73

4B7C2688-E01D-41E6-9E9E-3AF86D9238A5.jpeg

It’s been too long since I last worked on this car. I was finally able to pick up the cylinder head from the machine shop last week. I assembled it with a IE 292 cam last night and got it mounted on the car. The IE header is just resting there ( a few studs are too long to make everything slip fit- I’ll address that next week). Hoping to make smoke on Tues night. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fortlauderdalian said:

Rear brakes, spare tire well and  started to work on shock towers. After getting the new brake cylinder on and putting shoes bake in it was fairly obvious that I got the wrong size shoes sent. 

312A6EE7-D4E3-493F-8747-BD02AEBD5D32.jpeg

You backed off the adjusters, right?

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Finally did the "rotten job", replacing the clutch master.  Thanks for all the advice on FAQ on this job.  I did discover something interesting: I got some dirt/junk in the hydraulic fluid supply line that comes from the brake fluid reservoir.  When I cleaned out the lower end with a q-tip, it came out black with guck.  And it just kept coming.  Finally I ran a thin wire through the supply tube and attached a cloth swatch, soaked in brake cleaner, pulling it through the tube, like cleaning a gun barrel.  Came out absolutely black.  Did this 4 more times, till it came our mostly clean. If all this dirt and grit was still in the tube, I wonder if this is why replacement clutch masters can fail so soon, or why the clutch slaves often fail soon after clutch master replacement?   Gravity bled the system times 4, working the clutch peddle between bleedings.  Even with all other components cleaned or new, the bled fluid looked like chocolate milk.  It's good to flush the system every 150,000 or so miles, I guess. 

003 - Copy (11).JPG

002 - Copy (12).JPG

004 - Copy (8).JPG

Edited by borgpj
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1