• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Installed the 123 distributor after a 6 week ordeal of getting the correct one from IE. Also added a red coil and new wires.

FAQ searching clued me in to the resistor wire I was still running with my previous blue coil (too much resistance total), so I changed that to solid wire to the red coil.

Runs nice and smooth. Unfortunately I can't go test drive since the worst thing that can happen to a car guy weekend happened: UPS failed to deliver a package in 3 days with UPS select 3 day. So I paid a premium for better shipping, and it still didn't come. So no booster and no brakes. Boo.

IMG_6295.jpeg

• Sad 2

'74 2002Tii Sienabraun: Henrik

'67 Ford Galaxie 500: Grandpa

Otto (mintgrun) is now road ready, and looking forward to rain this coming week to clearing salt from the road! (adjusted transmission mount height, coolant flush).

Started Carolina (Sahara) work, where they are a number of items. Most critical to be drive-able is clutch slave cylinder, which is a bear — 50 yr old piece removal is proving challenging...  thanks to this group have a plan. but got a small win on an oil leak issue so yay!

54E865B9-8759-47E4-8A0B-381425C19C0B.jpeg

• Like 5

--

'73 Sahara numbers matching 

'74 Mintgrun sunroof car w/ oem Golde deflector, euro bumpers, 5spd, owned since 2002

14 hours ago, xavier296 said:

Installed the 123 distributor after a 6 week ordeal of getting the correct one from IE. Also added a red coil and new wires.

FAQ searching clued me in to the resistor wire I was still running with my previous blue coil (too much resistance total), so I changed that to solid wire to the red coil.

Runs nice and smooth. Unfortunately I can't go test drive since the worst thing that can happen to a car guy weekend happened: UPS failed to deliver a package in 3 days with UPS select 3 day. So I paid a premium for better shipping, and it still didn't come. So no booster and no brakes. Boo.

IMG_6295.jpeg

... solid wire to the red coil.

What's the resistance of the red coil; isn't it below 1 ohm, the minimum that the 123 requires?

56 minutes ago, doog said:

What's the resistance of the red coil; isn't it below 1 ohm, the minimum that the 123 requires?

Looks like 1.8 Ohms. There is also a thread on the FAQ where a member reached directly out to 123 and they said a red coil was good with no resistor. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/123ignitionusa.com/amp/bosch-red-coil-1-8-ohm-recommended-for-6-and-8cyl-applications-resin-filled/

'74 2002Tii Sienabraun: Henrik

'67 Ford Galaxie 500: Grandpa

2 hours ago, BarneyT said:

Ed Z and I Crashed the BMW CCA modern car groups cars and coffee event this morning, We had a little vintage section....

F3314491-A893-4D8F-A69B-CB95455D8318.jpeg

3BC85206-2ABF-4F0F-A5AE-9704A8E4C33B.jpeg

You were brave.

I went to a few BMW CC events when we lived in SAT, but found it very cliquey and only a couple of people at best were interested in a RHD '02 Touring, while they all gushed over the Z3s and new 3 series of the day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Les

'74 '02 - Jade Touring (RHD)

'76 '02 - Delk's "Da Beater"

FAQ Member #17

installed my sunroof, twice.

DSCN0655-X2.jpg

I'll be doing it again a few times.

DSCN0657-X2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

machinist - A&P - UAV inspector.

'71 1600 parts car, '71 Nevada tii tribute, '73 Polaris automatic in assembly awaiting 5-speed, 3.90 LS and dual 40s

'61 R27 - '74 R90S - '83 R100RS

Began reassembly of the newly powder coated rear subframe components by installing new wheel bearings and seals.  Then spent 2 hours getting powder coating OFF the mating surfaces of the axles where the coating guys masked it wrong. ?  Masked off the differential for 2k painting this week.  Lots of reassembly chaos in my little shop.

63787261940__D3D97DAC-598D-4829-9502-F05C78431EF5-1.jpeg

IMG_8507.jpeg

IMG_8508.jpeg

• Like 4