• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

Installed a power trunk opener by CalW.  Includes an emergency release handle in case your significant other gets locked in the trunk

Fob remotes and controller from Amazon $13 at my door

TrunkPowerOpener 01.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A radiator shop is a good place to take a leak.

I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm really good at it.

10 minutes ago, jimk said:

Installed a power trunk opener by CalW.  Includes an emergency release handle in case your significant other gets locked in the trunk

TrunkPowerOpener 01.JPG

Nice piece of kit!

Keep us posted on the remote trunk closer.

:D

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Re jetted my Weber 32/36 carb this morning. Weather is so crappy I'll hold off on the test ride for another day. I was sent a number of jets in my order that were the incorrect size - too big for the the holder. Anybody have a spare 55 idle jet they could send me?   This is the second time the Epay guy sent me the wrong sizes so I don't want to deal with him anymore.  

Mintgrun saves the day! I don't have a solenoid on the one in the car, or my old "parts carb" Italian-made version either.  I just ordered the smaller diameter jet, plus a gasket to boot. Funny I never heard they came in different diameters.

Thanks for the tip.

Eric

2 hours ago, jimk said:

TrunkPowerOpener 01.JPG

Soooo.. the BMW trunk is hard to close. BMW over designed the trunk spring on the lock/latch mechanism. The spring is too heavy to pull  with an actuator. If you replace it with one of the small ones used on the front door latch mechanism you can use any door lock actuator to remote your trunk lid. That is a nice trunk release kit BTW.

dlm ny country

I also just completed installation of the Trunk Lid Popper. It is a great product and well designed. You can now leave your trunk in the key "locked" position and stow it somewhere in a "hid-a-key". I installed a momentary push button switch under the dash which gets power from the #7 fuse position, which is the cigarette lighter spot and continuously hot. I purchase the option LED light which operates automatically when the trunk is open or can be manually turned on by a toggle switch and puts out enough light to illuminate the entire trunk. Side benefit is it eliminates the possibility of a broken key with no other option for trunk entry!

IMG_0003.JPG

Edited by Whaledriver
added picture to show light & on/off toggle
  • Like 2

Replaced the sensor that kicks on the electric fan (I figured out a couple days ago in traffic in front of Carmel high school that the electric fan did not turn on, I figured that something was wrong with the sensor). 

Did a 73-mile test drive. Came home to find the “Jet Needles” I ordered came in. Swapped them out, then went for another short 19-mile test drive. 

Cars & Coffee gathering in Santa Cruz in the morning. Then I’ll head home to prep the car for a 5-hour/210-mile fun-run on Monday with some fellow BMW folk. 

Gonna be a nice drive, Starting off in Marina, gonna jump on Hwy 1 towards Pacifica. We’ll head East on Hwy 92, then South on “Skyline/Hwy 35”, down to “Alice’s Restaurant”...

Fun weekend ahead for logging some miles...

B51879CB-E380-4445-BF49-8EE84BC90634.png

49A22326-CCD7-415C-84D5-D51C3973C0E4.png

236184A6-0F0A-4A0B-96A1-7443FCD4F68C.png

73D65A47-6F47-4735-A10E-8783AEF46585.png

E9C81169-584D-4CC6-841D-9A7A72C0DB18.png

229A4902-5464-4B5E-90B4-D454E0ED6D07.png

784EFAF7-8423-4218-A1B7-5EE9D7007E92.png

199A7D8E-4A31-4070-81E8-CD0869F95A49.png

774B8BA1-1B59-4AD1-B921-86BF09FF2F3A.png

79EB703D-F9D8-4E46-9596-DB85539F026F.png

9758DFFD-8AB1-48F3-87C7-742FFD788AD4.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mlytle said:

started taking a tii apart.....;)

20171230_151315_1.jpg

Glad to be able to work in a clean, warm environment while mopping the spilt coolant up with my shirt and hair.

Looking for that elusive old Roundel article about doing something with the A/C compressor bracket so i don't have to completely remove the bracket from the engine for the next water pump swap.

Will look here next...

BMWEnthusiastsCompanion.jpg

Got the razor blades, cleaner and Curil K2 set aside for tomorrow.

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"