• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your 2002 today !

1 hour ago, Son of Marty said:

Did you remove the rear calipers when you bleed the brakes? you need to so you can turn the caliper so bleed valve is on top.

no, you undo 1 carrier bolt and pivot the caliper up to bleed, about a 5 min job 

I don't take myself or opinions Seriously

My 4th 2002 and the first set of Square Tail-Lights

See the 4 versions of my 2002 project here: SoCal S2002 | Facebook

Weather you remove 1 or 2 bolts the bleeder needs to point toward the sky to successfully bleed them. I bleed mine before mounting because I'd been prewarned.  

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

Not today, but...  Embarrassed an Audi TT-RS.  To be fair, guy wasn't the best driver in the corners.  I had a fat bike on the roof, dog riding shotgun.  Nice enough guy, said his car runs in the 12's...  I tried to be polite as I ate his lunch.  He didn't ask a single thing about my car.

Next day, had another bike on the roof, buddy along with the dog in the back, and a Focus ST (modded on the outside, so probably stock on the inside) tried to catch up but couldn't.  He didn't wave as we turned off...  :(

Carbon intake and Haltech are working nice.  Spent a bunch of time today working on the wife's new car- '95 318Ti.

Still trying to figure out if I'm 15 or 50. :)

Looking forward to some track time.

• Like 2

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

4 minutes ago, ray_ said:

:P

:D

See the driveshaft nut?

Me neither!

IMG_20210404_185814853.jpg

IMG_20210404_171803599.jpg

IMG_20210404_171555530.jpg

Aren't you supposed to put that nut on with, like, 800 thousand million ft-newtons of torque?

• Haha 2

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

4 minutes ago, irdave said:

Aren't you supposed to put that nut on with, like, 800 thousand million ft-newtons of torque?

I dunno. I think that's the axle nuts.

Based on the splines, it doesn't appear the missing nut contributed to damage.  The DS would need to slide out pretty far before things fell apart, too.

I ordered a new nut ?

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Nearly... and I mean just a few pieces of interior foam and the ceremonial removal of the tii emblem, ready to go to body restoration.

069.JPG

• Like 7

2003 GMC Sierra Stuff Hauler

2000 Honda Odyssey Family Hauler

1992 Mazda Miata Wife's Grocery Getter

1988 Honda NT650 Hawk GT Dust Collector

1973 BMW 2002 Sunny Day Driver

1991 318iC Daughter's ride

42 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I put it to work!  :)

IMG_8110 (1024x757).jpg

Poor old Suburban in the background, saying "that's supposed to be my job."

Ha! That lumber is worth almost as much as the car right now!?

• Sad 1

I was left stranded for the first time on Easter Sunday while making a market run for a family bbq when I was shifting from first to second, I hear what sounded like a bolt came loose and dropped to the ground. My shifter is completely detached while I’m cruising downhill at 50 mph. Luckily my tranny never shifted to second gear and I was able to turn into a neighborhood. Got out looked under the car, I see nothing. Had to get it towed home. 

Today, I jacked up the car to investigate further and found that my selector rod had detached from the selector joint. Somehow, the tension bush was moved over and one of the pins had fell out. I wasn’t able to locate a replacement pin in my parts bin and I was not able to find it on real oem. It doesn’t look to be available to purchase. 

Solution? I cut to size a stainless steel drill bit end that fit perfectly snug, inserted and reattached everything. 

C00C7B41-90FD-4C3A-97B6-6510DFDFA9A3.jpeg

EA0EBE30-78E6-49D0-B20B-45274BC73E9E.jpeg

7BCB0138-207A-4A27-8EC8-A84BDB5DE9C8.jpeg

2A85A1C4-C99D-4A4A-A05D-7C53DB7965B2.jpeg

Edited by Jae
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

I know the feeling. My 5 speed shift linkage broke in much the same way, kinda.

Don't remember if that is a roll pin or not. Might be sourced at a Parts'orama.

I'm sure I have one I'm not using.

I don't give a fird gen, carbretted, alyoominiuhm, tickity boo!... wiff an ole in the boot!

Realoem, group #23, diagram #14, item #2. P/N 23411466134 and click on the "camera" icon to see it. I always squeeze the spring steel collar a little to make it fit tighter on installation and then turn the split on the collar about 90 degrees from the dowel. No fun getting towed home (BTDT).